SiouxSports.com Forum

Enrollment

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

1 hour ago, FSSD said:

Oh, wow - that would be so cool...  over looking quad.  It would really make the Union the central point.  I can't say it enough to Alum that I have not been back on campus recently (5 years or more) the transformation of the campus over the last several years has been incredible.  Plus, the projects coming on line in the next two or three years with the STEM programs.  It is truly going to be a great campus.  It is the best campus in the Dakotas.

And Minnesota 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Anyone seen any "Day One" enrollment numbers from any of the NDUS schools?
@Teeder11 any insights? 

Yes, yes, ... "official" fall numbers come in like week four ...

The first day numbers I saw are really really good. Up a lot compared to last fall's first day numbers. That's amazing in the current climate. I will have more definitive numbers soon.

4 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

The first day numbers I saw are really really good. Up a lot compared to last fall's first day numbers. That's amazing in the current climate. I will have more definitive numbers soon.

The bold part: https://www.google.com/search?q=enrollment+cliff+higher+education&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS929US929&oq=enrollment+cliff+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i512j0i67i650j0i512l5j0i390i650.6271j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

13 minutes ago, Kab said:

I’m interested in freshman numbers on campus, seems like ndsu usually has more of those 

Same. For state funding purposes of course, the total enrollment (credit hours?) is the most important number. I do also hope that UND is really making strides for their full-time, on campus numbers. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Kab said:

I’m interested in freshman numbers on campus, seems like ndsu usually has more of those 

I’d rather have a bigger enrollment then a larger freshman class

it means und is retaining their crop and also getting new higher level classmates

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Credit hours is a big factor in the SBHE / NDUS funding formula. 

UND is up by more than 2,100 total student credit hours on the first day of classes this fall. That should continue to increase until Census Day. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

I’d rather have a bigger enrollment then a larger freshman class

it means und is retaining their crop and also getting new higher level classmates

Need both 

larger freshman class means larger classes in the next years too 

3 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Actually up 2.59%  :D 

Every student counts. UND is +350 student headcount compared to first day last fall.  Headcount traditionally grows from first day to Census Day. 

• Upvote 2