SiouxSports.com Forum

Enrollment

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

2 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

We'll still have over 2000 more ON campus students.  

NDSU admin had some really great foresight on paring back their distance ed options/infrastructure. The ability to offer both experiences (and a mixture of the two), is going to continue to be very important to those attending higher ed institutions. 

St. Louis Blues on Twitter: "Bold move, Cotton." / Twitter

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

NDSU admin had some really great foresight on paring back their distance ed options/infrastructure. The ability to offer both experiences (and a mixture of the two), is going to continue to be very important to those attending higher ed institutions. 

A relative (now a surgical podiatrist) lived on campus but did all her generals online. It's the way today's students do time management.  

On 8/31/2022 at 2:53 PM, The Sicatoka said:

A relative (now a surgical podiatrist) lived on campus but did all her generals online. It's the way today's students do time management.  

If online is all that is available, it's fine. People who want to learn will learn. 

We did a year of law school online and it was often ridiculous. Never seen so many young people have "technical problems." Professors understandably had their share as well.  Normal for class to have 5-10% of class time get wiped. 

Generals...meh. Maybe not the end of the world. They charged way more for online credits when I was in undergrad so I never took one. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hearing that UND's official fourth week enrollment tally is a smidge higher than last year. This is impressive given the enrollment challenges other schools are having and that our first day number was down a smidge. Traditionally UND's official enrollment, taken after the 4th week of classes, is hundreds of students higher than its first day count.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Hearing that UND's official fourth week enrollment tally is a smidge higher than last year. This is impressive given the enrollment challenges other schools are having and that our first day number was down a smidge. Traditionally UND's official enrollment, taken after the 4th week of classes, is hundreds of students higher than its first day count.  

We should find out Monday I would think as that is the NDUS enrollment census date. 

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

Good to hear! 

7 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

UND's enrollment just went official an hour ago. It will be publicly shared in the coming days. I'm told the official UND enrollment for Fall 2022 is 13,876 (up 104 from last fall).  

Awesome! All the new buildings are only beginning to pay off, too! I get a lot of this enrollment is online, but the new buildings must be a huge help in taking in-person students away from other schools that are declining in enrollment each year. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Awesome! All the new buildings are only beginning to pay off, too! I get a lot of this enrollment is online, but the new buildings must be a huge help in taking in-person students away from other schools that are declining in enrollment each year. 

It will be interesting to see the full breakdown of the numbers.