SiouxSports.com Forum

Enrollment

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

• 3 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, NDSU was really low key a few years ago when they were projecting 20,000 students and UND’s enrollment was going down.  Chapman and the current president have always been very gracious towards UND so it’s only right that UND would return that graciousness.  

32 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Sorry all!  Been out of the loop for a few days. UND's Census Day enrollment came in at 14,172 -- 296 students more than Census Day 2022, about 2.13 percent higher. Inside the numbers, UND also saw increases in new freshman, new transfers, new grad students, as well as total undergrad and total grad. 

Any other school results you may have 

3 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Chapman was never gracious to UND nor any other N. Dak institutions of higher Ed.  He isolated himself from the other presidents frequently. Had trouble with being trustworthy. 

Exactly, he was a jerk and now they’re seeing the results of the direction he and the current president have taken NDSU.  

15 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Think of it as scoring a TD and casually handing the ball to the official ... been there before. Not overhyping it.

Personally I believe it's a test of ForumComm: they love to hype anything good for NDSU and no one else. 

I like the analogy. Figured as much, not sure why that threw me for a loop. Assumed that's always how it's been. Anyways, I hope they continue to have that mindset. 

7 hours ago, Rick said:

Exactly, he was a jerk and now they’re seeing the results of the direction he and the current president have taken NDSU.  

Cook (current NDSU) has some significant issues to take on, foremost being budget shortfalls and declining enrollment. Additionally his predecessor (Bresciani) was against on-line classes so that area is presently a weakness also. 

7 hours ago, Rick said:

The current ndsu president, Cook, seems like he might be pretty good.  We'll see how he holds up against Fargo.  Chapman and Bresciani were both slimeballs.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, AJS said:

I like the analogy. Figured as much, not sure why that threw me for a loop. Assumed that's always how it's been. Anyways, I hope they continue to have that mindset. 

If the media doesn't ask about it and report on the official numbers first, then I would expect the news to come out more publicly at the Chamber's Wake up to UND event on Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

If the media doesn't ask about it ... 

C'mon @Teeder11, you know when it comes to good news about UND, ForumComm has a strict don't ask don't tell policy. 

To balance it out they have a strict do ask do tell policy for good news about NDSU. ;) :D  

The reporting on this by ForumComm is the answer. 

• Upvote 2