SiouxSports.com Forum

Who’s Next?

sioux24/7

Tim Miles has some free time and a couple years where Nebraska is keeping food on his table. Maybe he wants to take on a challenge until he gets his next big opportunity.

Saul Phillips applied for the Idaho State job, so he could legitimately be an option.

The entertainment from the collective reaction in the region from either of these two would be worth the cost before he coached a single game. :lol:

• Upvote 2

Randall Herbst 

Former assistant at UND for Rich Glass, recruited Jeremy Beasley among others! 

Recruiting coordinator at UNO during their transition, built the program to a summit league contender, knows the summit league & Midwest recruiting.  

Recruited  Minn Mr basketball JT Gibson to UNO over UND among others in the summit league.  Bleeds Green!  

• Upvote 2

Ben McCollum, Northwest Missouri State University.  Only about 38 years old and has lead N. W. Mo. St. to two national division II titles in the last three seasons, including a perfect 38-0 this season.  Big time up-and-comer.  2019 national coach of the year; 7 conference titles in the last 8 seasons.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Ben McCollum, Northwest Missouri State University.  Only about 38 years old and has lead N. W. Mo. St. to two national division II titles in the last three seasons, including a perfect 38-0 this season.  Big time up-and-comer.  2019 national coach of the year; 7 conference titles in the last 8 seasons.

Can he recruit this area or get recruits from his grounds to come? 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Can he recruit this area or get recruits from his grounds to come? 

Oh, yes!  His best player is from Minnesota, but most of his players are from Missouri and Kansas, and primarily the Kansas City metro area.  The rest are from Iowa and Nebraska.

25 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

But if he doesn't have Division I experience and a Master's Degree, he isn't qualified to coach here (sarcasm). :silly:

Oh wait, Tom Buning isn't here anymore?

In that case, I hope he applies.

19 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

But if he doesn't have Division I experience and a Master's Degree, he isn't qualified to coach here (sarcasm). :silly:

Oh wait, Tom Buning isn't here anymore?

In that case, I hope he applies.

I actually emailed him and encouraged him to apply.  Nothing may come of it, but who knows.  He looks/seems like a really sharp guy.  I've seen his two national championship wins and his teams seem to be very disciplined and he seems to know how to tailor his talent to the appropriate style of play.  Plus, he gets most of his talent from the Kansas City metro area, where he has to compete with multiple DI (KU, K State, MU, UMKC, Mo. State) and DII (Pitt St., Washburn, Emporia St., William Jewell, Ft. Hays St.) schools for talent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

he and Boschee (Jeff) should be the top 2 on any candidate list in my opinion

Herbst is at UWGB as Associate Coach, has ties to region still, wife is from Red River area....Craig Smith at Utah State has 2 assistants from Dakotas as well...Coach at NW Missouri has proven record, but money constraints to UND program will be a concern to all.

1 minute ago, UofND-Alum said:

Herbst is at UWGB as Associate Coach, has ties to region still, wife is from Red River area....Craig Smith at Utah State has 2 assistants from Dakotas as well...Coach at NW Missouri has proven record, but money constraints to UND program will be a concern to all.

If this is true, and nothing is done about it, turns out Kupchella was right about this whole thing 15 years ago. :angry::sad:

• Upvote 1