SiouxSports.com Forum

Who’s Next?

sioux24/7

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

All of a sudden it appears we have have all sorts of good recruiting options

what changed??

:)

The kids from Enderlin just finished their freshman seasons. You might want to pump the brakes on them a bit. I am not saying they may not be good in the future, but they are very young playing against class B kids a half a foot shorter than them and they weren't exactly dominating. Again, they may wind up being good D1 players, but I think it is way too early to be offering them scholarships. 

46 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

The kids from Enderlin just finished their freshman seasons. You might want to pump the brakes on them a bit. I am not saying they may not be good in the future, but they are very young playing against class B kids a half a foot shorter than them and they weren't exactly dominating. Again, they may wind up being good D1 players, but I think it is way too early to be offering them scholarships. 

Speaking from the 7-0 foot Jordan Meidinger experience?  

1 minute ago, SiouxVolley said:

Speaking from the 7-0 foot Jordan Meidinger experience?  

I don't think they offered him that early and I never thought he was worthy of a scholarship. You can look back and I always thought RIchman definitely offered the wrong Dickinson kid. I still wish he would have offered Moody. 

4 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Sather has offered the twins, Gus and Joe Hurlburt, from Enderlin scholarships.  Gus is 6’6” and Joe is 6’9”, but both can grow because they are sophomores.

They come from a basketball family:  

https://www.inforum.com/sports/3921929-points-piling-enderlin-senior-graham-hurlburt

Joe averaged 17.7 and 13 boards last year - shot 35% on 3's.  Gus averaged 11.3 with 7+ rebounds.

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Have to agree, seen them play in Aau ball and other than size for their age they didn’t bring much.  Granted these are just verbal offers and can be pulled by either side at any time.Hopefully they continue to develop. 

9 hours ago, ND1 said:

Have to agree, seen them play in Aau ball and other than size for their age they didn’t bring much.  Granted these are just verbal offers and can be pulled by either side at any time.Hopefully they continue to develop. 

Didn’t take long for Sather to start making decisions. I will decide to trust our new coach. I hope he has a great eye for talent and potential. 

I hope!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Now that the staff is in place and the team is mostly in place, minus one scholarship.

What should expectations be in Year 1?

a lot hinges on how well stewart plays IMO. if he is a good summit level point guard i think they can finish top 3 or so. i think the expectation should be top half

50 minutes ago, UNDhoops said:

a lot hinges on how well stewart plays IMO. if he is a good summit level point guard i think they can finish top 3 or so. i think the expectation should be top half

I hope he can develop a consistent outside shot (shooting 32% from 3 is NOT a recipe for success).  

I'll take it a step further:  If the senior class can step up a notch or two that would be significant.  Going to be interesting to see how Walter and Brown are used this year (are they starters in front of Rebraca and Moody?  Do Walter and Rebraca start together?) 

Of course with a new set of eyes looking at the roster, this might mean different rotations or players, who didn't get much of a run, now has a new chance to show the new staff what they got. 

I think top 4 is reasonable expectations in a wide open league next year.