SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Or...a guy that NDSU had rated higher decided to turn down the scholarship offer and this guy was next on the list. Not everything is complicated.

Nope not it.  Who they offered is readily available and that didn't happen. In fact they brought in the ISU kid already to replace a loss.  

Shockingly, a week after UND offered Graetz they came in on him again. 

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Nope not it.  Who they offered is readily available and that didn't happen. In fact they brought in the ISU kid already to replace a loss.  

Shockingly, a week after UND offered Graetz they came in on him again. 

So NDSU's motive in your scenario is to take up a scholarship with a guy they didn't have rated as a scholarship guy simply to ensure that he doesn't end up at a school that hasn't been (with respect) relevant on the national scene since their move up to FCS?

Isn't it more likely they know something you don't? Maybe one of their current scholly QB's let them know he was transferring?(pure speculation)

54 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So NDSU's motive in your scenario is to take up a scholarship with a guy they didn't have rated as a scholarship guy simply to ensure that he doesn't end up at a school that hasn't been (with respect) relevant on the national scene since their move up to FCS?

Isn't it more likely they know something you don't? Maybe one of their current scholly QB's let them know he was transferring?(pure speculation)

The semester is already going on....so who transferred?  They wouldn't tell the coaches they are leaving and then stay for winter workouts and spring ball.

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The semester is already going on....so who transferred?  They wouldn't tell the coaches they are leaving and then stay for winter workouts and spring ball.

I’m just speculating.

There are about a dozen scenarios I can think of that are far more likely than NDSU offered a scholarship to a guy that, in your scenario, wasn’t scholarship worthy in your mind, but upgraded him to a scholarship guy because UND offered him.

What does that accomplish for NDSU? It’s contradictory. He’s either so damn good that NDSU doesn’t want him playing for anybody else in which case he would have originally been a scholarship guy. 

Or, he was the next guy on the list they wanted to offer, but had other players or scenarios they liked slightly better and were willing to let him go if another school offers him a scholarship. Hence the PWO.

Something had to have changed their mind and it just doesn’t seem very likely that the thing that would change their mind is the fear of having to play against a guy they didn’t think was originally good enough to be a scholly QB in this class.

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Doesn't sound like he is a PWO anymore.  Your staff suddenly loves him!

Hope he is smart enough to figure out they were trying to get him on the cheap - only brought money to the table when they had to. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Right on - he doesn't know anything about qb's.   You guys are just studs with qb's.  I don't know why you would lower yourselves with a PWO of NDSU's.  

Drug test the ag school QB's much? better start apparently ...

Not sure why QB recruits would want to be a part of that toxic culture over in Fargo. 

5 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Not relevant on the national scene? Really? UND was a seeded playoff seed in 2016. 

But yes, NDSU would do what was mentioned: offer merely to follow and block UND's recruiting targets. That is the low scum they are. 

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Not relevant on the national scene? Really? UND was a seeded playoff seed in 2016. 

But yes, NDSU would do what was mentioned: offer merely to follow and block UND's recruiting targets. That is the low scum they are. 

Back in the old days when schools especially the bigs had unlimited schollies that happened on a regular basis.  There really wasnt that much player movement back then so youwould have kids riding the pine for four years unless they proved themselves and moved up the depth chat.

Now that doesnt happen because of limits on schollies. But the bigs figured out a new system where they would over sign to many recruits. They would then force those that couldnt produce at the next level to leave the team.

In the FCS with only 63 scholarships to divide between 85 players your scenario makes absolutely no sense and I can guarantee NDSU wouldnt do that to any kid.

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I didn’t really see that as a controversial statement, especially to a poster like you who has been extremely vocal and critical of your unhappiness with the direction of the team.

If a team has one playoff apprearance and zero playoff wins in their time in a division, in my opinion that team hasn’t been relevant on the national scene. It’s not a personal comment about UND.

19 hours ago, Bison06 said:

That would be a legitimate reason to take another look; however, the timing remains most curious lacking other non-speculative information. 

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

That would be a legitimate reason to take another look; however, the timing remains most curious lacking other non-speculative information. 

It is 100% due to the fact that UND offered a scholarship to a player that was once committed to them. That's how rivalries work. If NDSU wants a player, they will always find a way for a scholarship to be available to that player. The want to constantly assert their mental dominance on a team that they hate and will soon be in their conference. I would do the same thing if I was NDSU. It's like an old war strategy "Go after your enemies resources or lack of resources". 

I will admit the kid must not care too much about playing if he goes to NDSU. Lance is penciled in there the next four years, barring injury.

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

From a timing standpoint, maybe the coaching changeover is playing a role. Could be possible that the new coaching staff either put a higher priority on the position in this cycle than the previous staff, or the new staff could have had this guy rated higher than the previous staff and decided to extend the scholly offer.

As I’ve been saying, there are a hundred scenarios that are more likely than the NDSU staff seeing that UND offered and as a sole causal factor decided to offer a valuable scholarship to a guy they didn’t think was worthy of it.

3 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

It is 100% due to the fact that UND offered a scholarship to a player that was once committed to them. That's how rivalries work. If NDSU wants a player, they will always find a way for a scholarship to be available to that player. The want to constantly assert their mental dominance on a team that they hate and will soon be in their conference. I would do the same thing if I was NDSU. It's like an old war strategy "Go after your enemies resources or lack of resources". 

I will admit the kid must not care too much about playing if he goes to NDSU. Lance is penciled in there the next four years, barring injury.

Which coach on the staff sees UND as their primary rival?

13 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

From a timing standpoint, maybe the coaching changeover is playing a role. Could be possible that the new coaching staff either put a higher priority on the position in this cycle than the previous staff, or the new staff could have had this guy rated higher than the previous staff and decided to extend the scholly offer.

As I’ve been saying, there are a hundred scenarios that are more likely than the NDSU staff seeing that UND offered and as a sole causal factor decided to offer a valuable scholarship to a guy they didn’t think was worthy of it.

A hundred?  :silly:

53 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

How many coaches on the staff have ever coached a game against UND?

UND is the primary rival to the fans in my opinion, but to the coaches? I doubt they see it that way.

I guarantee when the teams start playing annually again, which is in a few short months, they amp it up when they play UND. It’s a rivalry. They are two universities within 70 miles. No way around it.

32 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Your coaches don't see a school that is going to be in the same conference and is only 70 miles away as a primary rival? I knew your coaches were dumb but damn, this is on another level of dumb.

Many people on this board seem to ignore or have a complete inability to handle nuances in conversations.

Is UND, NDSU's primary rival? In many ways yes.

If you read the thread, it is specifically about recruiting and even more precisely it's about the recruitment of a single player.

The allegation is NDSU offered a valuable scholarship, at the most important position in sports to a guy, only because they didn't want UND to have him.

So to that allegation, I've been responding.

So to that allegation, do NDSU's coaches see UND as such a threat to them that they would do something as extreme as use a scholarship on a player that they don't think can help them win enough to be worthy of that scholarship?

I do not believe NDSU's coaches view UND that way. 

28 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Many people on this board seem to ignore or have a complete inability to handle nuances in conversations.

If you read the thread, it is specifically about recruiting and even more precisely it's about the recruitment of a single player.

The allegation is NDSU offered a valuable scholarship, at the most important position in sports to a guy, only because they didn't want UND to have him.

So to that allegation, do NDSU's coaches see UND as such a threat to them that they would do something as extreme as use a scholarship on a player that they don't think can help them win enough to be worthy of that scholarship?

It appears ndsu is ratcheting up their illegal stimulant distribution program in anticipation of UND joining the conference.  It doesn't seem too far fetched they would also use scholarships to thwart UND.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I hope they don’t see us that way. I pray they are that errogant.

• Upvote 1