SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Wrong.
You always worry about the offensive line. It all starts there. 

Maybe at UND you always worry about the oline  :), kidding of course.

I haven’t worried about NDSU’s o line in 15 years, they haven’t proven me wrong yet. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason to worry.

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You haven't, but I guarantee many others (like those paid to coach) have. It's not easy getting a group to that level, or keeping them there. 

That’s why I’m a fan and they are the coaches.

I’m sure they are on it and have the necessary recruits and development in place to keep the machine churning.

31 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

From what I’ve seen Wilson is really really good at football but lacks the speed to pull away in the open field. I saw a bit of Cofield and expected him to be way faster.

Unfortunately we didn't get to see much from him this year since he was injured. He had a breakaway run in the playoffs but an injury kept him short of the endzone. He's definitely a 3 down RB, pretty good route runner, but yes I agree we haven't exactly seen how quick he really is.

28 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Looking back at Wilson’s recruiting he definitely has the track background and accolades to suggest the speed is there. We’ll see how that translates to his college body this spring and fall.

With any back that doesn’t get a ton of carries, thinking too much can lead to indecisiveness which can make them look slower than they might be. Who knows if that’s the case with these young guys or not.

A pr of 11.16 100m in hs isn’t going to break away in college. I also thought he was bigger than he is. He’s lighter than Santiago.

1 hour ago, Bison Dan said:

As far as coaches go we have BIG10, head coach, OC taking over the positions. 

There is a reason for that one and it wasn't that he thought taking a significant pay cut to move to Fargo was some sort of promotion. He was making $350K/year at Rutgers, his new salary is likely around 25-35% of that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

What about on defense? What does NDSU lose?

Return (Starters)
DE-Derek Tuscka

LB- Jabril Cox

CB- Marquis Bridges

S- James Hendrix

Saw a ton of playing time

DE- Spency Waege 

DT- Cole Karcz

DT-Jack Darnell

CB-Josh Hayes

SS-Michael Tutsie 

NDSU's biggest questions will be who steps in at LB, the rest is pretty much set.

3 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

What about on defense? What does NDSU lose?

I'm already on the record saying losing SS Grimsley will hurt their defense worse than losing QB Stick will hurt their offense. (No disrespect to either's replacements intended.) 

Robby never seemed to make a mistake and was always there to cover up miscues. 

53 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm already on the record saying losing SS Grimsley will hurt their defense worse than losing QB Stick will hurt their offense. (No disrespect to either's replacements intended.) 

Robby never seemed to make a mistake and was always there to cover up miscues. 

I hope your right! Klieman was very high on Tutsie.

5 hours ago, jdub27 said:

There is a reason for that one and it wasn't that he thought taking a significant pay cut to move to Fargo was some sort of promotion. He was making $350K/year at Rutgers, his new salary is likely around 25-35% of that.

Kind of like the reason you guys could only get GA's -(with no recruiting experience) to fill your coaching positions.

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Simple Dimple Dan comes in with a hot take that completely ignores the beating he took.  Yah baby!!!!

The Rutgers HC was gonna get fired either during this coming season or after. Maybe he's trying to get ahead of the game a bit? OL job at NDSU seems like a promotion to an OL job at a worthless Rutgers school, I don't care they're in the Big 10. From what I heard he's going to be big in recruiting.

2 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

The Rutgers HC was gonna get fired either during this coming season or after. Maybe he's trying to get ahead of the game a bit? OL job at NDSU seems like a promotion to an OL job at a worthless Rutgers school, I don't care they're in the Big 10. From what I heard he's going to be big in recruiting.

LOFL.  I needed that after a long day.  

• Upvote 2