SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

47 minutes ago, Milo said:

I agree that felony drug possession charges are more serious than a hockey fight at a bar or frozen feet, neither rise to the level of felony drug possession. 

A distinction should be made between felony’s and NCAA regulations. Dispersions are of course being cast. I’ll wait for the decision of the NCAA if they have further to say on the matter.  

Possibly, with your concerns UND should cancel next years football game at NDSU?  From your point of view UND will be and has been at a disadvantage, which everyone knows requires you to cancel as you have in the past. 

Drug test the entire team at half and after the game, that would be acceptable.  Otherwise, how can you trust a team that institutionally cheats and covers it up.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Milo said:

I agree that felony drug possession charges are more serious than a hockey fight at a bar or frozen feet, neither rise to the level of felony drug possession. 

A distinction should be made between felony’s and NCAA regulations. Dispersions are of course being cast. I’ll wait for the decision of the NCAA if they have further to say on the matter.  

Possibly, with your concerns UND should cancel next years football game at NDSU?  From your point of view UND will be and has been at a disadvantage, which everyone knows requires you to cancel as you have in the past. 

It’s amazing how many new posters with IP addresses in moms’ basements all over Fargo have shown up on Siouxsports since the illegal stimulant story at ndsu was finally reported on by the Fargo media. .  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, shep said:

This discussion about crimes committed by players of their own volition is nowhere near the type of allegations being suggested against SU STAFF members. 

Players can't be controlled 24/7 when out on the town or in their own apartments in Fargo or GF.

But it's far more serious IF the culture of a team involves the use of PED's or other disallowed substances.

Yes, you are correct. PED’ usage is rampant in the NDSU FB program as evidenced by the hundreds, uh dozens, uh one positive test in hundreds of samples in the past 8 years of playoff FB with 18 tests after every game. 

If you believe the kid, which everybody on this site wants to do, why doesn’t the family name the staff member? They are obviously being wronged and the kids possible pro career is over. This staff member took the kids career away, why protect the staff member? Maybe because it wasn’t a staff member?

36 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Yes, you are correct. PED’ usage is rampant in the NDSU FB program as evidenced by the hundreds, uh dozens, uh one positive test in hundreds of samples in the past 8 years of playoff FB with 18 tests after every game. 

If you believe the kid, which everybody on this site wants to do, why doesn’t the family name the staff member? They are obviously being wronged and the kids possible pro career is over. This staff member took the kids career away, why protect the staff member? Maybe because it wasn’t a staff member?

I would think Mama Bear has had some legal advice and why name the person FOR Juice U admin??? Let them admit/name..... Mama Bear has nothing to defend...

I don’t know her but I live the way she has played the cards dealt her....

38 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

To say positive tests are the only acceptable evidence of using banned substances is absolutely laughable. The olympics have proven that world class cheaters don’t get caught unless someone from within blows a whistle.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, shep said:

This discussion about crimes committed by players of their own volition is nowhere near the type of allegations being suggested against SU STAFF members. 

This is where I would have expected NDSU to push back. 

A player and his mother (a former NDSU WBB star and NDSU Athletics Hall of Famer) have claimed that the substances came from a "trusted staff member". That's quite the indictment and besmirching of NDSU's name. 

Yes, bad kids will get into program and do unwise things; however, the staff is held to a far higher standard. 

Either the Robbins' are off base (and nearly slanderous) or NDSU has some untrustworthy "trusted staff members".

I'd think NDSU would want that cleared up if they've done no wrong. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Milo said:

Possibly, with your concerns UND should cancel next years football game at NDSU?  From your point of view UND will be and has been at a disadvantage, which everyone knows requires you to cancel as you have in the past

Cancel? When has there been a 'cancel'? Date please. 

When NDSU left the NCC there was no longer a contractual obligation to play. There's been no signed contractual obligation to play since, save for the present deal where one game has been already played and the next is in a few months. Don't expect that to be cancelled short of a mutual cancellation due to an act-of-God.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, 3Putt said:

Those are the only two options? You can't think of any other possibilities?

Given what's in the media we have a "she said / he (Larson) said" dichotomy. Beyond that would be speculation with no basis. So, please don't say "Newman" with no basis; and please don't pass him off as a "consultant" and not a "staff member". 

As I've said, how about a look into this by a disinterested third party (the MVFC?) to figure out how this happened so all of us can learn and make sure we don't lose senior seasons of starting fullbacks. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Given what's in the media we have a "she said / he (Larson) said" dichotomy. Beyond that would be speculation with no basis. So, please don't say "Newman" with no basis; and please don't pass him off as a "consultant" and not a "staff member". 

As I've said, how about a look into this by a disinterested third party (the MVFC?) to figure out how this happened so all of us can learn and make sure we don't lose senior seasons of starting fullbacks. 

I didn’t ask you to speculate on what is the truth. I asked if there are any other possibilities besides slander and staff maleficence. It was a yes or no question. A few of the other board members have showed their critical thinking skills - do you want to take a turn?

10 minutes ago, 3Putt said:

I didn’t ask you to speculate on what is the truth. I asked if there are any other possibilities besides slander and staff maleficence. It was a yes or no question. A few of the other board members have showed their critical thinking skills - do you want to take a turn?

Nope

Surely there are, but those are the two options publicly presented by media thus far.

As you say, I won't speculate on what is the truth, I'll stick with what's out there as statements, the options, in the media by the Robbins' and Larson. 

Otherwise, I'd be speculating on other options and by default speculating on truth. 

You see, that's critical thinking. 

This clearly is not a good situation forcall involved.... trying to do what is right in the eyes of the public (and individuals that have been publicly hurt) is not easy..... honesty is the best policy. 

Sorry you feel the way you do but NDJuice U is under a magnifying glass.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Surely there are, but those are the two options publicly presented by media thus far.

As you say, I won't speculate on what is the truth, I'll stick with what's out there as statements, the options, in the media by the Robbins' and Larson. 

Otherwise, I'd be speculating on other options and by default speculating on truth. 

You see, that's critical thinking. 

Good to know that's what you call critical thinking. I would have thought you were trying to deflect.

2 hours ago, 3Putt said:

Perhaps the Fargo media could offer up the other possibilities.  The suspense is killing me.  

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Follow the directions on the supplement label. 

1 hour ago, homer said:

Perhaps the Fargo media could offer up the other possibilities.  The suspense is killing me.  

Its really easy to figure out. BR was quoted as saying---It wasnt steroids or MJ. With that statement the positive test wasnt for any substances that are illegal. If it were illegal NDSU wouldnt have appealed the decision. Plus BR would have been dismissed from the team for violation of team rules. He was not dismissed.

27 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Its really easy to figure out. BR was quoted as saying---It wasnt steroids or MJ. With that statement the positive test wasnt for any substances that are illegal. If it were illegal NDSU wouldnt have appealed the decision. Plus BR would have been dismissed from the team for violation of team rules. He was not dismissed.

You of course are assuming NDSU would do 'the right thing'

• Upvote 1