SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

8 minutes ago, bison73 said:

The whole supplement industry isnt regulated or FDA approved. That means all of the detox your body crap to stuff for a healthy prostate etc etc etc has no govt over site. Its a multi Billion dollar industry. But people get upset when it has to do with athletics

So what is your stance exactly?  Do you want ndsu to be allowed to break the rules without punishment and without others getting upset?  Or do you want full on roids for all?

7 minutes ago, bison73 said:

You are correct. But you have some on this site stating it as fact.  Fact is she said locker room wide??? What does that infer? But like I said. She was upset and used a generic wide brush statement.  But lets keep beating this dead horse--oh it moved lets whack it again. :lol:

I've read the thread.  Nobody on here has said every single player was taking the PEDs.  

Do all FCS programs have an internal drug testing program?  Is it an NCAA mandate to have an internal program?  Are the results of the testing available to the public, or will a FOIA request be required?  I suspect we are sitting on the lynchpin of the Bison dynasty, they figured out a way.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Do all FCS programs have an internal drug testing program?  Is it an NCAA mandate to have an internal program?  Are the results of the testing available to the public, or will a FOIA request be required?  I suspect we are sitting on the lynchpin of the Bison dynasty, they figured out a way.....

As the Common Man Dan Cole would say, "either they're onto something, or they're on something."   turns out it's the latter.  

• Upvote 1

I do know most NCAA Div 1 schools do internal drug testing. I have gone through it three times at UND. The results are kept internally, and punishments for a positive result are decided within the athletic dept. and athletic training dept. I do know there are certain positive test results that they have to follow NCAA guidelines & sanctions and go through with a punishment, but I do know of some circumstances where they have detected a positive result from a drug, but was just a slap on the wrist for the student-athlete (mainly street drugs). Many students just drink gallons of water before their urine test to dilute it, although sometimes they have to re-take the test if it is too diluted- key here is that you can extend the testing time period to get rid of certain drugs in your system.

In the NDSU circumstance, the NCAA tested them in playoffs and found the positive result, we may never know if NDSU's internal drug testing detected it throughout the season or not.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but here's a good link for FAQ on the NCAA website:  http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/topics/frequently-asked-questions-about-drug-testing

Ya know though Ben Newman didn’t sell him anything illegal. Illegal by NCAA standards, absolutely, but Newman made some easy money off that football team and by the looks of it is off other teams too. Supplements are a tricky game, it’s like Bison06 said awhile ago, safest just to stay off them. 

2 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Ya know though Ben Newman didn’t sell him anything illegal. Illegal by NCAA standards, absolutely, but Newman made some easy money off that football team and by the looks of it is off other teams too. Supplements are a tricky game, it’s like Bison06 said awhile ago, safest just to stay off them. 

I agree. Stay off the stuff.

But do we really know that that was the supplement that was the issue?  Would 5hour energy pass the test?  Still too many unknowns and no specific facts.

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

The whole supplement industry isnt regulated or FDA approved. That means all of the detox your body crap to stuff for a healthy prostate etc etc etc has no govt over site. Its a multi Billion dollar industry. But people get upset when it has to do with athletics? 

Bison.... it is the cover up and blame that upset people not the product.

Again, NSJuiceU could save some face by holding a press conference and accepting responsibility for their part in this. The Pontious Pilot routine is not too professional and reeks of a cover up.

Someone made money off this young man.

8 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Again, NSJuiceU could save some face by holding a press conference and accepting responsibility for their part in this. The Pontious Pilot routine is not too professional and reeks of a cover up.

I’ve been reading you type this for days and it’s bugged me so I have to say something now.

Wouldn’t NDSjUice make more sense? Utilize the U that’s already there vs adding an additional U? 

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’ve been reading you type this for days and it’s bugged me so I have to say something now.

Wouldn’t NDSjUice make more sense? Utilize the U that’s already there vs adding an additional U? 

I prefer no abbreviations. North Dakota Steroid University.   

31 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

A lot of assumption in that post.  Did you use assumptions and poor analogies in your nursing notes or facts?

Fact is Robbins’ NCAA career is over because of a failed post game substance test. 

What that does is open the door to follow up questions and not all of them will be pleasant or polite. 

And it’s a reasonable basis for a greater inquiry by media (no comment) or the State (given claims by the mother of State employees being involved) or the NCAA (to evaluate some of the parties involved or how certain things are being done by certain parties). 

19 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

I used the Pontious Pilot analogy whenever it fits.... if you find it poor, that’s ok.

Fact is: no one has given definitive answers or apologized.

How long do you have for more nursing stories? They are facts.

Like my grandson says, Man up!

Nursing stories? LOL My wife is a BSN-RN ICU Supervisor retired.  Im a retired X-ray tech.  Plus we still have life long friends that still  work in the industry. So I hear plenty.

Since no one has given definitive answers-information I cant see how you can expect an apology out of anyone.

But you go on with your assumptions. I will wait until all the facts are on the table.

It looks like we can put to bed that the Fargo media wont write any thing questionable about NDSU and or its football team.  Or do you still think that Mcfeely and Kolpack will be banned form the locker room? :D

I fully agree with the article.

11 minutes ago, bison73 said:

It looks like we can put to bed that the Fargo media wont write any thing questionable about NDSU and or its football team.  Or do you still think that Mcfeely and Kolpack will be banned form the locker room? :D

I fully agree with the article.

Only took a month.  

• Upvote 1