SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, BisonMav said:

He didn't say it was supplied by a student athlete, said he got it from a student athlete, who may have passed it down the line to Robbins, from the original staff member.  

Then NDSU still hired and provided banned substances to player(s) on the football team.

Robbins ran out of his special juice so he borrowed his football player buddy who got it from Newman.

The NCAA won't care if it was the player banned or not in their investigation. 

4 hours ago, BisonMav said:

My view from reading everything and working with legal beagles every day, is that it was not given to Robbins as a "supplement", or it was not labeled by the NCAA as a supplement.  Larsen said the staff does not supply supplements.  I've heard a lot of rumors, and until there is more evidence or a quote by a NDSU or a Robbins, they are just rumors.

You want quotes?  Did you even bother to read the article?  You can choose like the rest of turdnation to stick your head in the sand.  I however prefer to bask in Robbins' multiple statements that expose what is going on at ndsu.  Below are a couple exact quotes from the article written on January 30th.  

His mother, Lori Robbins, said a “trusted program staff member” provided a pre-workout powder that contained an illegal substance or substances.

The university denies the supplement came from a staff member.

NDSU athletic director Matt Larsen said Robbins “got it from another student-athlete.” He didn't elaborate.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Then NDSU still hired and provided banned substances to player(s) on the football team.

Robbins ran out of his special juice so he borrowed his football player buddy who got it from Newman.

The NCAA won't care if it was the player banned or not in their investigation. 

Are we even thinking this will result in an NCAA investigation?

Not saying they should or they shouldn’t because I don’t know the legal triggers for such an investigation, but this doesn’t seem like the type of thing the NCAA is going to look into further. I could be way off on that, but one player getting suspended probably doesn’t throw up a red flag. Yes, the source of it is important to note, but unless they can show it was anything more than what’s come out so far, what exactly would they hope to find?

Until young Bison (err....former) Robbins gives names then it's all a big he said she said.

Mama bear says it's up to him.  My guess is the kid gets off campus with degree in hand before he says anything.  

My bet is that we never know and Mr. Robbins at some point could be a Jamestown Jimmie. 

10 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

You want quotes?  Did you even bother to read the article?  You can choose like the rest of turdnation to stick your head in the sand.  I however prefer to bask in Robbins' multiple statements that expose what is going on at ndsu.  Below are a couple exact quotes from the article written on January 30th.  

His mother, Lori Robbins, said a “trusted program staff member” provided a pre-workout powder that contained an illegal substance or substances.

The university denies the supplement came from a staff member.

NDSU athletic director Matt Larsen said Robbins “got it from another student-athlete.” He didn't elaborate.

"bask in Robbins"

I'll have 2 scoops of butter brikle.

Changed my mind/make it Clean Victory.

Edited by Old Fella
Complete the message,
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Until young Bison (err....former) Robbins gives names then it's all a big he said she said.

Mama bear says it's up to him.  My guess is the kid gets off campus with degree in hand before he says anything.  

My bet is that we never know and Mr. Robbins at some point could be a Jamestown Jimmie. 

Jimmies would love to have him :)

17 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Not saying they should or they shouldn’t because I don’t know the legal triggers for such an investigation, but this doesn’t seem like the type of thing the NCAA is going to look into further. I could be way off on that, but one player getting suspended probably doesn’t throw up a red flag. Yes, the source of it is important to note, but unless they can show it was anything more than what’s come out so far, what exactly would they hope to find?

No way there is a NCAA investigation but the media investigation will be fun.  If your president allows the AD and staff to let a 22 year old get run over by a bus for the program and their lies, things are pretty f’ed up down there.  

Win at all costs.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Think what you want, young Aggie. Your bias and ignorance is what is truly evident here. 

NDSU got caught doing some shady stuff. It is what it is. Really typical of that program and not unexpected. 

Actually its your bias and ignorance of what really happened is what is at play here.  Because its NDSU you can see nothing but what you so desperately want it to be. Youve transcended from a rivalry to hateful discourse and unfounded accusations.  What will be your response be when it comes out as nothing more than elevated caffine levels?  My bet is you will find a way to a fix blame in that also. Only time will tell.

4 minutes ago, homer said:

No way there is a NCAA investigation but the media investigation will be fun.  If your president allows the AD and staff to let a 22 year old get run over by a bus for the program and their lies, things are pretty f’ed up down there.  

Win at all costs.  

This is the part of the narrative on this board that isn’t connecting with me. That they can step in and somehow “save” him from the consequences being handed down from the NCAA.

Regardless of what they come out and say, he’s done with his NCAA career. People keep saying “throw him under the bus”, but nothing the AD said in his statement, or could possibly say in any future comment can do anything to help BR at this point.

23 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The only place this is a story is here.

11 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Actually its your bias and ignorance of what really happened is what is at play here.  Because its NDSU you can see nothing but what you so desperately want it to be. Youve transcended from a rivalry to hateful discourse and unfounded accusations.  What will be your response be when it comes out as nothing more than elevated caffine levels?  My bet is you will find a way to a fix blame in that also. Only time will tell.

ACTUALLY my bias and ignorance of what really happened is 'it sounds like a duck, waddles like a duck/smart money says it is a Duck

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

This is the part of the narrative on this board that isn’t connecting with me. That they can step in and somehow “save” him from the consequences being handed down from the NCAA.

Regardless of what they come out and say, he’s done with his NCAA career. People keep saying “throw him under the bus”, but nothing the AD said in his statement, or could possibly say in any future comment can do anything to help BR at this point.

They can’t save him.  It’s beyond that.  

The fact that they are passing blame to another student athlete when even former players have said and knew immediately it was a member of the staff speaks volumes.  It has now become the Robbins vs the athletic dept.  Mother Robbins not backing down from her claim speaks pretty loudly on who supplied it.  AD and coaching staff tried to lie and cover it up and should be outed if what the Robbins are stating is true.  

• Upvote 2

The NCAA one year suspension is "strict and automatic" when testing positive for Performance Enhancing Drugs. Lesser suspensions for non performance enhancing drugs.

Most of the time the NCAA doesn't even test for a stimulant (caffeine) unless that player had previously failed a NCAA drug test before.

6 minutes ago, homer said:

They can’t save him.  It’s beyond that.  

The fact that they are passing blame to another student athlete when even former players have said and knew immediately it was a member of the staff speaks volumes.  It has now become the Robbins vs the athletic dept.  Mother Robbins not backing down from her claim speaks pretty loudly on who supplied it.  AD and coaching staff tried to lie and cover it up and should be outed if what the Robbins are stating is true.  

So basically you are asking a University to willingly incriminate itself, embroiling itself in a possible lawsuit because it’s the right thing to do?

No business or University on the planet would do that.

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So basically you are asking a University to willingly incriminate itself, embroiling itself in a possible lawsuit because it’s the right thing to do?

No Worry.

NDSU has never been accussed of doing 'the right thing'

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

This mentality from a former player such as yourself is what makes it so easy to think this has been going on for years.  

Cheat, get caught and deny.  Throw a now former player under he bus for doing what the staff asked.  

Win at all costs.  

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, homer said:

This mentality from a former player such as yourself is what makes it so easy to think this has been going on for years.  

Cheat, get caught and deny.  Throw a now former player under he bus for doing what the staff asked.  

Win at all costs.  

It has nothing to do with me being a former player. This is a possible legal situation and NDSU is taking the advice of lawyers at this point likely. 

What would your advice be to NDSU if you were there legal counsel?

47 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Most of the time the NCAA doesn't even test for a stimulant (caffeine) unless that player had previously failed a NCAA drug test before.

Link????? Or is this again nothing more than unfounded extrapolation?

37 minutes ago, homer said:

Win at all costs.  

So what category do we put this post in???? Extrapolation or logical fallacy???? Both?