SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

8 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

That's right, 'mom' is an emotional wreck too fragile and weak to think rationally in a high stress situation.  I hope you guys keep saying this, it will make it funnier in the end!!

I mean, it took around a month for the Forum to reach out and get a comment, it seems that she has had plenty of time to get herself together and be confident in what she is saying. 

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I mean, it took around a month for the Forum to reach out and get a comment, it seems that she has had plenty of time to get herself together and be confident in what she is saying. 

Considering she mis-spoke and inferred that all the players in the locker room were taking the same supplement that her son did is very misleading. So yes I am sure she was emotional when she gave her blanket locker room statement. I do not fault her for that. She was just wrong.

14 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

For all Bison fans out there who are saying that we are blowing this out or proportion....congrats.  You have [played right into our game.  Most fans will defend their team and program when it is being attacked.  But given the success of the NDSU football program recently, Bison fans will defend their program to the death if there is even a miniscule chance the legacy will be at any way tarnished.

My advise to Bison fans, relax.  Your program is getting some flack from likely an isolated incident. Try not to take it so personally. We are just a rival school giving you some crap about an issue. 

Amp6Gkm.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bison73 said:

Considering she mis-spoke and inferred that all the players in the locker room were taking the same supplement that her son did is very misleading. So yes I am sure she was emotional when she gave her blanket locker room statement. I do not fault her for that. She was just wrong.

Where did she say “all” the players in the locker room were taking it?  I missed that part.  

• Upvote 2

NDSU is talking about the USBank Stadium.  Reusse is calling for an annual opening game between the Gophers and Bison. First at TCF. Next at USBank for NDSUs home field. Gophers would split gate with Bison because USBank is larger.  NDSU is also talking about using larger stadiums for premier FCS matchups.  We get offered Target field in Nov. I think we are pretty far behind the 8 ball on this except for hockey. 

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

The University does not provide pre workout supplements. They do provide nutrition.. Please dont start splitting hairs on wording on the meaning of the words university. Then youre just being disingenuous.

I’m quoting what she said was supplied by the university and assuming everything Bison06 is stating about what he took is correct.  Therefore, someone from the university supplied pre workout nutrition.  

The person in question may not be an official university employee but you can be guaranteed when a recruit comes in, the services he provides are touted as “we provide a performance coach and motivational coach”.  If you tout what he does in the front end, you can’t not claim him in the backend.  Especially when he is around the program year round.  

27 minutes ago, Milo said:

NDSU is talking about the USBank Stadium.  Reusse is calling for an annual opening game between the Gophers and Bison. First at TCF. Next at USBank for NDSUs home field. Gophers would split gate with Bison because USBank is larger.  NDSU is also talking about using larger stadiums for premier FCS matchups.  We get offered Target field in Nov. I think we are pretty far behind the 8 ball on this except for hockey. 

Does Reusse do scheduling for the Gophers?   Good luck with that proposal. 

No he doesn’t but he does go on the radio promoting the idea because UMs program could use the shot in the arm 30,000+ Bison fans could give it. The Gophers of course are embarrassed and this is a one sided conversation. The one-sided nature of the conversation reminds me of the new nickel trophy talk.

NDSU isn’t interested in the least. They have a national fan base,  The Dakota Bowl, playoff rivalries, the Frisco games and trophy’s, huge rivalries with JMU and UNI. These are real rivalries grounded in football not discontent.  UND spends its time trying to force some kind of trophy game down everyone’s throat while NDSU is winning NC trophies in historic proportions while garnering a lot of positive national attention.  They are also commonly mentioned in the FBS expansion talks.

What is the difference? Why are they enjoying a decade of unprecedented success and we can barely win a game over that same time period?

You want facts and no speculation? Here it is. It was a "preworkout" type drink. A "handful" of players used it (not as many as the "widespread throughout the locker room") comment by mom. BR is the only one who took it that got tested. Unaware that there was any NCAA Banned Substance in it. It is not caffeine as some here have suggested. Some scientific drug/ingredient name that I can't remember. Provided by the motivational coach.

Even some coaches drank it, that's how unaware everyone was as to this banned ingredient. Not saying they are wrong to drink it, just stating facts. That's how harmless it seemed to everyone who was given it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GForks said:

You want facts and no speculation? Here it is. It was a "preworkout" type drink. A "handful" of players used it (not as many as the "widespread throughout the locker room") comment by mom. BR is the only one who took it that got tested. Unaware that there was any NCAA Banned Substance in it. It is not caffeine as some here have suggested. Some scientific drug/ingredient name that I can't remember. Provided by the motivational coach.

Even some coaches drank it, that's how unaware everyone was as to this banned ingredient. Not saying they are wrong to drink it, just stating facts. That's how harmless it seemed to everyone who was given it.

Thanks for the info.  Makes me wonder why Matt Larsen decided to lie to the newspaper regarding who provided it.  I’m sure within 2,3 years Kolpack will schedule a follow up interview. 

Unfortunate ndsu had a handful of players participate in the playoffs while under the influence of an NCAA banned substance.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Milo said:

No he doesn’t but he does go on the radio promoting the idea because UMs program could use the shot in the arm 30,000+ Bison fans could give it. The Gophers of course are embarrassed and this is a one sided conversation. The one-sided nature of the conversation reminds me of the new nickel trophy talk.

NDSU isn’t interested in the least. They have a national fan base,  The Dakota Bowl, playoff rivalries, the Frisco games and trophy’s, huge rivalries with JMU and UNI. These are real rivalries grounded in football not discontent.  UND spends its time trying to force some kind of trophy game down everyone’s throat while NDSU is winning NC trophies in historic proportions while garnering a lot of positive national attention.  They are also commonly mentioned in the FBS expansion talks.

What is the difference? Why are they enjoying a decade of unprecedented success and we can barely win a game over that same time period?

That’s a great question you pose at the end of your response.  

Maybe a lot of it has to do with their ISP.   You know, their Illegal Substance Program.   As a fellow UND fan who clearly bleeds kelly green, what do you think?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GForks said:

An NCAA banned substance that was not on the label of the supplement?

8 hours ago, bison73 said:

She never said all.

4 hours ago, Milo said:

You mean like how NDSU and SDSU started using a rock out of the blue? Traditional rivalry trophy game my ass.

And stop saying we, it’s pathetic.

21 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

An NCAA banned substance that was not on the label of the supplement?

Don’t trust any supliment. The only one I ever took when I played was a simple nitric oxide supliment and even then I didn’t really know what else could be in it. We’re all playing supliment roulette and it’s a joke. The industry needs to get cleaned up and the FDA needs to pull their heads out of their asses.

14 minutes ago, GForks said:

That is correct. You see it all the time even in pro sports. The NCAA does not regulate the supplement labeling market.

26 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Don’t trust any supliment. The only one I ever took when I played was a simple nitric oxide supliment and even then I didn’t really know what else could be in it. We’re all playing supliment roulette and it’s a joke. The industry needs to get cleaned up and the FDA needs to pull their heads out of their asses.

A person was giving her 12 year old daughter an adult dose weight loss stimulant.... she went into a fast heart rate several times.... needs a heart work up now....

the FDA needs to make sure everything is needed.... some of these are part of the USDA not FDA....

follow the money ..... the issue will manifest itself

2 hours ago, GForks said:

For how many games and years then?....Mr Facts?  BN has been around for years at SU.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

A person was giving her 12 year old daughter an adult dose weight loss stimulant.... she went into a fast heart rate several times.... needs a heart work up now....

the FDA needs to make sure everything is needed.... some of these are part of the USDA not FDA....

follow the money ..... the issue will manifest itself

The whole supplement industry isnt regulated or FDA approved. That means all of the detox your body crap to stuff for a healthy prostate etc etc etc has no govt over site. Its a multi Billion dollar industry. But people get upset when it has to do with athletics? 

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

She never said all.

You are correct. But you have some on this site stating it as fact.  Fact is she said locker room wide??? What does that infer? But like I said. She was upset and used a generic wide brush statement.  But lets keep beating this dead horse--oh it moved lets whack it again. :lol: