SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

What we know is NDSU hired a guy that knows a lot about supplements. And even on the board of one.

NDSU player tests positive for banned substance.

Multiple former Bison players instantly know who provided the stimulant.

Reports are it's extensively used thought the NDSU locker room.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, homer said:

Where has that been confirmed as fact?  

What are you asking? The specific stimulant that he tested positive for? The specific preworkout supplement he took? As far as I know, those aren’t known.

What can be confirmed is he tested positive for a an NCAA banned stimulant, and he has stated publicly(through his mom) that it came from a preworkout drink.

When his mom is saying that “all the kids are taking it throughout the lockeroom” does she mean, they are taking this specific preworkout supplement or just in general taking a preworkout supplement? Because if the first is true, you’d expect that there would have been more players testing positive, if the second is what BR told her and she said in her quote than it’s a different story.

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What are you asking? The specific stimulant that he tested positive for? The specific preworkout supplement he took? As far as I know, those aren’t known.

What can be confirmed is he tested positive for a an NCAA banned stimulant, and he has stated publicly(through his mom) that it came from a preworkout drink.

When his mom is saying that “all the kids are taking it throughout the lockeroom” does she mean, they are taking this specific preworkout supplement or just in general taking a preworkout supplement? Because if the first is true, you’d expect that there would have been more players testing positive, if the second is what BR told her and she said in her quote than it’s a different story.

Ask your buddy.  He stated above it’s a known fact what was taken but I haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere.  I was asking where it was confirmed as a known fact. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Cratter said:

What we know is NDSU hired a guy that knows a lot about supplements. And even on the board of one.

NDSU player tests positive for banned substance.

Multiple former Bison players instantly know who provided the stimulant.

Reports are it's extensively used thought the NDSU locker room.

This is what I was told, too.  

Also, many guys didn't want Ben Newman around, thought he was a clown, and had suspicions about him.  And now, are pissed the Administration is letting Robbins take the fall, "student provided".

1 hour ago, SlowHand said:

If you are a nurse you should know better than what you posted.  Hospital administration will never admit a employee made a "error" causing death.  It opens them up to liability.  If you are a nurse, you are certainly not one involved in legal or administrative policies.

Sir.... you are oblivious about the culture change that has occurred in health care. When I was young, nothing was ever talked about anything.... ever. Then there was a thing called “quality assurance” where you reported everything so it could be reviewed (without repercussions, right). Then JCAHO and insurance companies got involved because the “medical misadventures” ended up in extended hospital stays or lawsuits. Now, you read about this in the newspaper because the state department of health reports it. Throw in the media and there you are.

Trust me administration does not ADMIT to mistakes now..... they are TOLD about them.

In my career, I have seen EVERY legal document falsified..... sometimes for a good reason. I did not post specifics.... general statements only.

Somehow, I am thinking edcation has had some cover ups too. This seems to be one.

Lime I said, time for admin and AD to come clean to the public.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, homer said:

Ask your buddy.  He stated above it’s a known fact what was taken but I haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere.  I was asking where it was confirmed as a known fact. 

I think you two are just getting your wires crossed on “we know what he took”.

You’re saying we don’t know exactly which stimulant and preworkout he took.

He’s saying it’s been confirmed that he took a preworkout supplement and tested positive for a stimulant.

So, you’re just using the words “we know what he took” to mean different levels of detail. 

I’m with you on this though as far as details I’d be interested to know. I’d love to know which preworkout he took and exactly what stimulant it had in it that the NCAA bans? It would help me know a lot about the physiological effects and how much of an advantage he gained by taking it.

6 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Also, many guys didn't want Ben Newman around, thought he was a clown, and had suspicions about him.  And now, are pissed the Administration is letting Robbins take the fall, "student provided".

That would make sense why so many were quick to rat this guy out.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cratter said:

That would make sense why so many were quick to rat this guy out.

8 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

This is what I was told, too.  

I can’t speak to how many people took supplements from BN, but I’ve been hearing that your comments on players thinking he shouldn’t be around is spot on.

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Your reading comprehension is horrible.

He is naming the exact supplement he think he took. And claiming it as fact.

Sorry, you’re correct I missed his post.

So the supplement is a line called “clean victory” he says. Is this speculation or a known truth?

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Bison fan tell UND fan not to jump to speculations.

Bison fan jumps to speculations.

No, I'm not telling him not speculate. I'm telling to recognize that it is speculation and that he's not unbiased. I'm not unbiased either.

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Who is? I haven’t read anywhere that people are confirming the actual supplement he took.

I know you said it is common for players to take pre-workout supplements before lifting, and I have no arguments there and fully agree that is commonplace everywhere, however I don't think that really applies to this situation. How common is it that players are ingesting supplements ("pre-workout" or others) before games? That would seem to be the issue since he was over the NCAA limit on some sort of stimulant after being tested after the semi-final game. Was it a mistake by taking too much or for some reason did the body not metabolize it is as fast as normal so he got popped for it. 

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If he’s saying it’s a fact, what makes you doubt him? 

So a random person on a message board can state something and it is not to be doubted.  

A mother of a player says something with the family reputation at stake and she could be lying?  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

I know you said it is common for players to take pre-workout supplements before lifting, and I have no arguments there and fully agree that is commonplace everywhere, however I don't think that really applies to this situation. How common is it that players are ingesting supplements ("pre-workout" or others) before games? That would seem to be the issue since he was over the NCAA limit on some sort of stimulant after being tested after the semi-final game. Was it a mistake by taking too much or for some reason did the body not metabolize it is as fast as normal so he got popped for it. 

It’s just as common to take a preworkout before a game as it is a workout. Athletes at all levels of sports use these supplements for training as well as performances/games. They are just as ubiquitous as protein shakes.

I can’t speak to the details of the second part of your post since I don’t know exactly what he took. If it was as the other poster said “clean victory” brand. I’ve never heard of that specific brand, but reading on their website and looking at the label there isn’t any ingredient on the label that would trigger a positive test(not surprising given the industry). So either he took something else too(unlikely I’d say, or he wouldn’t be going public) or there is something in this supplement that isn’t on the label(again, not surprising)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, homer said:

So a random person on a message board can state something and it is not to be doubted.  

A mother of a player says something with the family reputation at stake and she could be lying?  

That’s not the point in this context.

We’ve been wondering for days what BR took and nobody knows. Then somebody comes out at says I know for a fact it was “clean victory”, why would your initial reaction be to call BS on it.

I’m not saying his statement is fact, but I don’t have a reason not to believe him either so why assume he’s making it up?