Time to Boo Berry?

Melvin

Will Brad Berry Be Fired?   

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bill Chaves fire head coach Brad Berry

• Yes - Immediately After the season
    • No - Give Him one More year
    • Hire Hakstol and then fire him, too.

Are we looking for one great goalie and mediocre ones to fill out the rest of the roster? Are our goalies just not fighting each other in practice? I remember the days of lammy/ parise, dell/ eidsness, Saunders/McIntyre, McIntyre/ johnson. Hell I remember when Brandt went ballistic on blais when he tried sitting him for a game (I think it was Duluth). I just feel like our current goalies are like those guys.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’ve been one that has been pretty anti-Berry but like some others on here, I believe he deserves one more season to clean it up. If it’s anything even remotely like this season, buh-bye!

I dunno about that but it’s amazing seeing the pivot from Hakstol being excoriated for not winning a Frozen Four in what, seven chances, to defending Berry for missing NCAA tournaments altogether “because three straight Penrose Cups.”

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I dunno about that but it’s amazing seeing the pivot from Hakstol being excoriated for not winning a Frozen Four in what, seven chances, to defending Berry for missing NCAA tournaments altogether “because three straight Penrose Cups.”

I guess I wasn’t intending on defending Berry. I would be more than fine with moving on. I just really don’t see it happening after this year. 

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

North Dakota has 1 NCAA tournament win since 2016 against someplace called American International College.  1 post-season win.  Now ask yourself, would Dean Blais or Dave Hakstol have survived that statistic?  I doubt it. 

That is a far more useful metric than asking how many banners he's won, IMO.

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Curious if you think it is the same persons "pivoting" in thier opinions,  or is a different point of view now grasping the bullhorn?

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I didn’t mean you in particular in terms of defending Berry and this season certainly isn’t enough to part ways with him.  The trend however. barring a miracle run to the NCHC championship, has definitely not been upward.  

North Dakota has 1 NCAA tournament win since 2016 against someplace called American International College.  1 post-season win.  Now ask yourself, would Dean Blais or Dave Hakstol have survived that statistic?  I doubt it. 

Probably the best comment I’ve read on this board in a very long time. 

• Upvote 1