Melvin

Will Brad Berry Be Fired?   

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bill Chaves fire head coach Brad Berry

• Yes - Immediately After the season
    • No - Give Him one More year
    • Hire Hakstol and then fire him, too.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Keep digging. It wasn't all about his performance. 

Yeah, no one is saying that bolded part. Why do we do this? Who said we shouldn't expect to make the tourney?

No one is saying that verbatim but it's being implied not only on SS but also around GF and on that stupid "all things fighting sioux" facebook group that has a thing for "mama gaber":p

On 2/26/2023 at 11:50 AM, ChrisUND1 said:

Think Mike Hastings would make the move to UND?

Probably not a guy who's just won 6 conference championships in a row.  (in a rebuilding year no less)

But his associate head coach, Todd Knott, is a key part of their recruiting success.   (And, yeah, I think our recruiting has missed on a few guys in recent years. )

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

No one is saying that verbatim but it's being implied not only on SS but also around GF and on that stupid "all things fighting sioux" facebook group that has a thing for "mama gaber":p

Pretty sure that group only expects to go undefeated and win a national championship every year.

57 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Sounds like the sentiment around here is we are now comfortable missing the tourney every 3 out of 5 years

inmiss the old days

What are “the old days,” exactly?    All of the 70s?   The years from ‘88 to ‘96?  ALL of the Hakstol years when they nearly always made the tourney but many, including you, continually called for his dismissal because he couldn’t win the last game?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Keep digging. It wasn't all about his performance. 

Yeah, no one is saying that bolded part. Why do we do this? Who said we shouldn't expect to make the tourney?

First paragraph:  you’ll have to spill your secret.  From everything I have heard, it was 100% performance-related.  

Second paragraph:  just read some of the comments.  Some of the folks who screamed about having Hakstol fired for not winning a national title have little problem with missing the NCAA tournament half the time now.  

41 minutes ago, burd said:

What are “the old days,” exactly?    All of the 70s?   The years from ‘88 to ‘96?  ALL of the Hakstol years when they nearly always made the tourney but many, including you, continually called for his dismissal because he couldn’t win the last game?

I should clarirfy--or qualilfy--that post.   You are a committed and long-time Sioux hockey fan, which is a very good thing.   You have a sense of humor, which is always appreciated, especially during frustrating times.  I often seem sarcastic about things you post, but I'll readily concede that you know more about the Sioux hockey program than i do, so take anything I say with a big grain of salt.   Which I'm sure you do without my encouragement.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

I don't think they're mutually exclusive.  

But I thought Barry always preaches whole culture is in the locker room, so I beg to differ in his words that culture doesn’t amount to on a success because we have sioux culture apparently

12 hours ago, gfhockey said:

But I thought Barry always preaches whole culture is in the locker room, so I beg to differ in his words that culture doesn’t amount to on a success because we have sioux culture apparently

Who's Barry? 

14 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

First paragraph:  you’ll have to spill your secret.  From everything I have heard, it was 100% performance-related.  

Second paragraph:  just read some of the comments.  Some of the folks who screamed about having Hakstol fired for not winning a national title have little problem with missing the NCAA tournament half the time now.  

They probably didn't like Hakstol because of his stone cold demeanor and how he treated his players like adults. 
They like Berry because he coddles his players and treats them like children. "You get a turn, You get a turn, everyone gets a turn" (in my Oprah voice)