SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMD GAMEDAY

Langster019

31 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm paraphrasing Bubba from his last interview but I sure hope Berry "admits he should have paid more attention" to what going on with this program.

So we fire Shaw and promote Smaby to offensive coordinator.  I like it. :lol:

8 hours ago, nodakgirl93 said:

They were very close to missing the tourney last year. And certainty wasn't lights out in their four games to the natty. We had won 5-0 in their new barn opener which is the same season they won their first natty. And we have swept them there a few seasons back. UND would not take him in a heart beat. I honestly don't see why. He was an assistant here already. He's a good coach and as a und fan I have a soft spot for him because of his contributions to this program. But that's it.

UND was close to not even making the title game in 2016 due to a nail biter with Denver.......but they did and they won so it all counts the same.  

8 hours ago, rochsioux said:

Definitely serious.

He’s had a good run recently but his overall record is average even with this good run.   His two titles are a good achievement but I feel like it is more than a bit of good luck.  The fact remains that he has never won a single conference regular season title in 18 years.   Some want to tar and feather a coach for missing one NC$$ tourney, maybe soon to be two.  Sandelin has missed it 10 times including twice during this awesome run of success.  Maybe the tide has turned and he will be a great coach from here on out.  I can only look at the history and it is mixed at best.  Right now he is having a good run, before that he wasn’t very good.  

Once again, you can choose to keep going back to the start when Sandelin took over a doormat of the WCHA and had an old barn......but fact is since getting an upgraded facility in 2010 he's WON 2 National Titles and almost won a 3rd (and who knows about this year).  Kind of makes up for meaningless conference titles.  

• Upvote 2

I think we all need to hit the reset button this morning, put last night behind us and see how the boys respond tonight. I, in particular, was in a rather salty, negative mood with my posts last night and for that I am sorry. I definitely had on poopy diapers.

Time to crank up the stereo, make some sausage and eggs, and watch the rest of college gameday and some football.

Perhaps some heavy music is in order to get fired up for tonight’s UND game. How about some Armored Saint, Metallica, and some old school Dokken? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I think we all need to hit the reset button this morning, put last night behind us and see how the boys respond tonight. I, in particular, was in a rather salty, negative mood with my posts last night and for that I am sorry. I definitely had on poopy diapers.

Time to crank up the stereo, make some sausage and eggs, and watch the rest of college gameday and some football.

Perhaps some heavy music is in order to get fired up for tonight’s UND game. How about some Armored Saint, Metallica, and some old school Dokken? 

I agree. But u gotta jam 6ix9ine, 21 Savage and Young Dolph. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

+1 for the Dokken reference.  Agree with hitting the reset button.....but unfortunately this team has had to hit the reset button almost every weekend.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

It's getting hard not to be salty, I got a build up from the last couple years.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

I agree. But u gotta jam 6ix9ine, 21 Savage and Young Dolph. 

You must be a millennial and/or I’m an old fart because I’ve never heard of those bands before! I’ll have to go check ‘em out! I’m still stuck in the 1980’s (ala, Cinderella, Ratt, Megadeth, Eddie Belfour, Phil Sykes, Bob Joyce, Jon Casey, Jim Archibald, Gino Gasparini, etc). 

I just can't get my head around how our once proud and top program turned into a train-wreck just 2 1/2 short years after winning a National Championship.  It makes no sense to me - I get the blank class, but still, many teams have a weak class and have worked around it - it seems like absolutely NO ONE is developing. How we can be this inept offensively is totally beyond me.  Any insights?

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

IMO, ranting after a horrible loss on a gameday thread is perfectly acceptable, especially if you are not insulting individuals.  I don't like it when forum fans start attacking eachother, but if we collectively want to bash the team a bit, sometimes that is warranted.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Oldguy said:

IMO, ranting after a horrible loss on a gameday thread is perfectly acceptable, especially if you are not insulting individuals.  I don't like it when forum fans start attacking eachother, but if we collectively want to bash the team a bit, sometimes that is warranted.

I agree with you and as a CC fan I’ve had plenty to rant about over the years. I was just feeling like I got it out of me last night and trying to just go into tonight’s game hopeful that we will see a better result. I’m with ya man, I think we all had a lot to bitch about last night in light of what we witnessed. 

What blows me away is that, 14 games into the season, nobody on this team has more than 9 points.  And after Gardner's 8 goals, the next best number is 4 (Mismash).  Then, the next three names are defensemen, which means all of our other forwards are not producing at all.  

How did UND get THIS BAD at scoring?

11 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

What blows me away is that, 14 games into the season, nobody on this team has more than 9 points.  And after Gardner's 8 goals, the next best number is 4 (Mismash).  Then, the next three names are defensemen, which means all of our other forwards are not producing at all.  

Well according to gfhockey some are pretty good at scoring on other teammate's girlfriends so there's that.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

According to some guy named Scott Stone on FB, you have zero right criticizing the team-or it’s coaches-for what’s happening. Based on his logic, the fans have no right to express any opinions that are in any way critical of the current coaching staff. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

Writing was on the wall with inept offense when last year the teams best option to score on a penalty shot was a D-man Wolanin 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

According to some guy named Scott Stone on FB, you have zero right criticizing the team-or it’s coaches-for what’s happening. Based on his logic, the fans have no right to express any opinions that are in any way critical of the current coaching staff. 

Scott also is 47 and still lives with his parents because he needs a safe space.

download.jpeg