SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Northern Arizona Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

2 minutes ago, RapidSioux said:

Feel for Santiago and Oliveira and the Seniors.. Chaves will not do anything about this. Nothing will change until Bubba rides into the sunset.... This is his offense and this is his defense.

The defense while not great was plenty good to win.  We gave up a pick 6, gave NAU the ball at our 31 courtesy of a pick, and the lat drive I would say the team gave up on Bubbq.

• Upvote 1

But Paul Ralston will tell you we improved from last year and had injuries to our receivers.  Wait, we were playing against a team that had nothing to play for and was playing way down the depth chart at critical positions.  Same with last game.

Our defense on critical pass plays was bad. Our offense was brutal. Or qb was more than brutal. Our offense coordinator was brutal. An as a whole our total coaching job breath takingly bad. Clock management , play calling, inexcusable penalties, and general game decision making was like a junior high football team.  Some of this has to be assigned to head coach. I am at a loss of words. More than disappointing.  

6 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

This is what I’m thinking.   The best we can hope for is replacing Rudy.  Bubba stays through his contract 

This can't happen, Chaves needs to be on the phone now finding money. You think it's bad now, once 2020 comes UND will be the laughing stock of the MVFC if Bubba is still the coach.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Milford torgerson said:

We’re not far from a middle playoff team.  Give us a good OC and we’re there this year.

The offensive coaching philosophy needs to completely change then. 

As I said earlier, forget the numbers. UND plays a horrible quality of football. The team doesn’t pass the eye test. They would’ve been crushed by any worthy playoff team if they made it to the playoffs or they would’ve choked like they did in 2016.

2 minutes ago, Risky said:

Our defense on critical pass plays was bad. Our offense was brutal. Or qb was more than brutal. Our offense coordinator was brutal. An as a whole our total coaching job breath takingly bad. Clock management , play calling, inexcusable penalties, and general game decision making was like a junior high football team.  Some of this has to be assigned to head coach. I am at a loss of words. More than disappointing.  

It is ALL the responsibility of the head coach.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

This can't happen, Chaves needs to be on the phone now finding money. You think it's bad now, once 2020 comes UND will be the laughing stock of the MVFC if Bubba is still the coach.

If nothing is done, do we really think the team recovers from this next season?  By looking at body language towards the end of the game I would say Bubba lost the team.  Kett was 13-29 with 2 picks and he was sacked 6 times and looked like a junior high QB suddenly thrown into an FCS game while operating in the pocket.

• Upvote 1