SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS BADgers GAMEDAY THREAD (SATURDAY)

iluvdebbies

12 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Don’t know what’s worse going 1/9 on the pp.which the BADger faithful are calling a numbers 8 and 9 gifts from the NCHC. or blocked punt for a TD. 

Only thing that matters is 2 wins, UND honestly could have gotten more power plays than they did(not that it would have helped lol).  In the 1st period for example, we should have been given a 5 on 3 for 2 minutes when we were on the delayed penalty and JBD got blatantly tripped on the blue line which led to Wisconsin being able to touch the puck up. Yes we got a ton of power plays but that's because we were the superior team. And I don't say that being cocky, because that hasn't been the case every weekend so far this year(I honestly think Mankato is probably a frozen four team). Our team is clicking and starting to form a great identity early in the year. The freshies are contributing so much faster than they did last year. I have a great feeling about this team with how fast they've progressed this early. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Anyone know why Tyson Nash was at the game? Does he do scouting? I assume he is too young to have a kid looking at the school? 

D5256504-666F-4680-9FDE-30B3939598DB.png

Saw this to. No idea who he is but from his profile it looks like he's related to Orange Theory Fitness? I'd imagine that's a profitable company... Perhaps helping ASU scout out arenas to model theirs after?

44 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Only thing that matters is 2 wins, UND honestly could have gotten more power plays than they did(not that it would have helped lol).  In the 1st period for example, we should have been given a 5 on 3 for 2 minutes when we were on the delayed penalty and JBD got blatantly tripped on the blue line which led to Wisconsin being able to touch the puck up. Yes we got a ton of power plays but that's because we were the superior team. And I don't say that being cocky, because that hasn't been the case every weekend so far this year(I honestly think Mankato is probably a frozen four team). Our team is clicking and starting to form a great identity early in the year. The freshies are contributing so much faster than they did last year. I have a great feeling about this team with how fast they've progressed this early. 

If Mankato is a Frozen Four team hopefully it’ll be the Sioux to the Frozen Four since we could meet them and Fargo 

46 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Saw this to. No idea who he is but from his profile it looks like he's related to Orange Theory Fitness? I'd imagine that's a profitable company... Perhaps helping ASU scout out arenas to model theirs after?

He's a former NHL player. 

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Anyone know why Tyson Nash was at the game? Does he do scouting? I assume he is too young to have a kid looking at the school? 

I was wondering the same thing. I thought he calls Coyotes and ASU games (ASU when they are at Gila River Arena).

1 hour ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Don’t know what’s worse going 1/9 on the pp.which the BADger faithful are calling a numbers 8 and 9 gifts from the NCHC. or blocked punt for a TD. 

They can thank their lucky stars the NCHC officials didn't call the two majors on them period one that they should have.  

Penalty 8, Mismash cross checked into the net.  Penalty 9, head contact that was reviewed.....

#B1GMISTAKE 

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

They can thank their lucky stars the NCHC officials didn't call the two majors on them period one that they should have.  

Penalty 8, Mismash cross checked into the net.  Penalty 9, head contact that was reviewed.....

#B1GMISTAKE 

2?!!!   Should have been 3, if not 4 for cripes sake!  They call the first, and you don't have to worry about the rest.  Officials where God awefull

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

#B1GMISTAKE 

Penalty 7, too many men.  I am sure if the roles were reversed we wouldn’t be happy, but we also would be saying how stupid the penalties were.  Cross checking Mismash into the net was just dumb and almost daring the ref to call it that late in the game.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

If Mankato is a Frozen Four team hopefully it’ll be the Sioux to the Frozen Four since we could meet them and Fargo 

It's very possible we end up in different regions, but I'm just basing it on what I've seen from them lately. Veteran team that can put the puck in the net and doesn't seem like any situation is too big for them. Although their goalie needs to learn how to handle the puck behind his net :D

17 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So much complaining and unhappiness after a freaking home sweep.

Sure there are things that need work, but the team is starting to figure it out.

Try to enjoy the wins at least a little bit.

An ugly win is better than a good loss. ;)

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

#B1GMISTAKE 

oh I know they are penalties and the cross check into the goal cage could have been 5 for hitting from behind too.  head first into the cage is just as bad as head first into the wall.

On 11/4/2018 at 7:01 AM, siouxfan512 said:

The former NHL player indeed does have a young athlete looking at UND....

Saw on the tweeter machine that his daughter has commited to UND soccer. Hence the visit.