SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-Griz Predictions

UND Fan

I'm going with my Kelly Green glasses.....as to what I think should happen in this game:  UND 31 - Griz 17   If they can't score more than 20 points at home against PSU I'd think we should be able to hold them to around that, SHOULD being the key word there.  Diamond formation in backfield appears again this week with Santiago, Brady, and JJ. Not sure if we've seen that since the first game.  

10 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I'm going with my Kelly Green glasses.....as to what I think should happen in this game:  UND 31 - Griz 17   If they can't score more than 20 points at home against PSU I'd think we should be able to hold them to around that, SHOULD being the key word there.  Diamond formation in backfield appears again this week with Santiago, Brady, and JJ. Not sure if we've seen that since the first game.  

I would love to see all three on the field at the same time. Mckinney and Adeoti as the wideouts in case coverage drops off to defend the run. #GoDeep

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

I could see this but I can’t help but wonder if part of this isn’t about lack of respect for the program. 

It's a combination of lack of respect for our program, and too much respect for theirs.  Time to change that!  Hope the coaches show them that, or somehow get our guys to have a chip on our shoulder tomorrow.  Montana just got embarrassed last week, so I know they will have one on theirs.  Since we've gotten our asses handed to us by Montana the last 4 years and no player on this team has ever beaten them, I would sure hope our guys have a chip on their shoulders tomorrow.  

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Since we've gotten our asses handed to us by Montana the last 4 years and no player on this team has ever beaten them, I would sure hope our guys have a chip on their shoulders tomorrow.  

This is also why Montana is favored in this game, despite UND having a similar record and playing at home in the Alerus Center. 

On paper .....this is a game und should win.  Montanas OL is in shambles and their run D is suspect.  Montana has the talent to be successful....they just need to have a complete game.  Talent is there for und to be successful....but will be out-couched.  The trend of und doing well in the first half will continue before adjustments are made by Montana at halftime.   It’s a reoccurring theme  

I haven’t seen enough to this point of the year that would say that und has enough to come away with the W.   Rudy could very well succumb to one individual...yes one guy....Olson. He is a stud .....Rudy isn’t.   If Rudy was able to bring back the playbook from Idaho st first half I would like unds chances.   Highly doubtful that will happen.  Being at home helps ....having Rudy is major thorn in the ass. 

- Unds front 7 should have a fun day.  

- Montana owns the 3rd qtr 

- und will get ultra conservative 

- the crowd will quite as Montana owns the 3rd qtr 

- und “wins” the TOP ...only to lose the game with ultra conservative BS 

-  same ol same ol   

*this a game that I truly believe that und could throttled the opponent.   The matchups and styles are in unds favor.  Unfortunately the coaching is not