SiouxSports.com Forum

UND- Idaho State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

Well I'm glad I wasn't able to watch that disaster. Crazy how when I was following the game somebody pointed this was probably the best offensive play calling by Rudy ever. Then we fumble and next thing you know Idaho scores. I could feel that huge swing from 2,000 miles away just following online.  This team under Bubba so many times just hasn't answered when something bad like that happens.  This loss was truly shocking. 

I'd be curious to see the first half points with Rudy as offensive coordinator compared to second half points. Getting shut out like that at home to Idaho in the 2nd half is unacceptable. Sounds like players have some blame too and blew some plays. I'm tired of being one play away in a game and then blowing it. If Brady doesn't fumble we have all the momentum and game may have been different. That roughing kicker call in Richmond game, such a huge swing in momentum. It's like watching Ground Hogs Day. I thought this team had the character to respond and show they are a good team. We'll see what happens this season, but once again it sure seems like they don't.  And I'm as sick and tired of it as everybody else. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AJS said:

We'll see how I feel in a couple days, but this loss feels different than any other one during the Bubba era. I always was able to find an excuse in the past (they are building, injuries), but the go to excuses aren't there. Bubba and the team again had a real opportunity to really grab the momentum this program had after last week and again, weren't able to. It being Homecoming really hurts. I don't know if there's any coming back from this one. 

This

2 hours ago, AJS said:

We'll see how I feel in a couple days, but this loss feels different than any other one during the Bubba era. I always was able to find an excuse in the past (they are building, injuries), but the go to excuses aren't there. Bubba and the team again had a real opportunity to really grab the momentum this program had after last week and again, weren't able to. It being Homecoming really hurts. I don't know if there's any coming back from this one. 

yup

9 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

UND goes FBS when NDSU does.  Pretty simple. 

A couple of years ago, FBS North Texas got absolutely pummeled by Portland St.  Now they still are unbeaten, with a beat down win against Arkansas.

Nicholls St beat Sam Houston by 20.  Sammy was not at all deserving of a #5 ranking but just was ranked on precedence.  Idaho St had a much better defense than I was expecting.

So when do they add onto the Al or just build a bigger FBS on-campus stadium?? Gonna need more seats to accommodate the 5600 fans that will show up to watch UND play FBS.

#dreambig

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Cratter said:

Here's a recap of the last game Nate Ketteringham played for at Sac State. This is what Sac States own website lists:

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/20161119uq12qa

Then the head coach fired his QB coach and went out and signed two QB transfers in the offseason to replace Ketteringham.

Ketteringham was asked by the staff to transfer: 

Ouch!

Then Bubba says: "Sure 2-9 record Sac State, We'll take your third best QB!"

I thought he'd be better.

BTW I was just texted to turn in my credentials as a personell scout for the Vikings.

3 hours ago, AJS said:

This is exactly how I feel.  I’m done.  Bubba is a great person but he and his staff can’t coach their way out of a wet paper bag.  I wanted to believe but the evidence is too great now.  We’ll be the laughing stock of the MVFC.  I hope Chaves makes the change before the end of the year to make the rest of recruiting happen under a new head coach.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

Give me your reason. 

See the 2nd half of the Richmond game especially 4th Q when he needed to make passes and didn't. Yes WR's dropped a couple but he missed too many. He almost ALWAYS had one receiver he locked in on as they left the huddle; when that guy wasn't open, he ran. 

No I don't believe he had the "it" factor. As many have noted here, the 8-0 BS run was very much D aided including the NAU game in which the D scored at least 1 TD if not 2? I don't recall.

18 minutes ago, mooncountry said:

Was UND as much of a “hockey-first” school before the REA? Imo it got way more intense after the new rink got built. I also think D1 is a completely different animal than the D2 und departed.

As great as the new Ralph is, the old Ralph was a crazy, wonderful, right on top of the ice, type atmosphere with incredible fans each moment of each game. UND was hockey back then too!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

........and to pour salt into a gaping wound: the new mascot. Seriously?!?!?!

Regarding the mascot: it looks like every other mascot in the country.  They all look the same. Do some googling and I am pretty sure you will hate every mascot you see.

Why is UND's so bad?  Is it that you guys don't want mascot in the first place, perhaps? 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Regarding the mascot: it looks like every other mascot in the country.  They all look the same. Do some googling and I am pretty sure you will hate every mascot you see.

Why is UND's so bad?  Is it that you guys don't want mascot in the first place, perhaps? 

The photos definitely don't help.  It looked much better on TV than in some of the photos that have been posted online, especially the first one by Schlossman.

9 hours ago, BigSkyBears said:

That might be true, but you and NDSU are the only (and top) tickets in that entire horrible state.  

I knew you would show up. We may not be very good again this year but I fully expect our guys to come out and dominate next Saturday. Go back to your mom's basement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

........and to pour salt into a gaping wound: the new mascot. Seriously?!?!?!

I liked him (“The Fighting Hawk”). Felt legitimate like other DI universities with their mascot.

Now, as for the product on the field, that did not feel legitimate like other DI universities ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mooncountry said:

Was UND as much of a “hockey-first” school before the REA? Imo it got way more intense after the new rink got built. I also think D1 is a completely different animal than the D2 und departed.

These are legitimate concerns and, unfortunately, I think you are right. Football was slowly downsized after 2001 and we now are where we are. 

49 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

"like every other"........that's code for irrelevant.

.......but to cheer you up Tom Miller just tweeted the person inside the mascot outfit was Rudy. Thank goodness for Bluetooth.

• Upvote 2

Fumble on the goal line was the start of the disaster. A score wouldve put UND up 21-6. 

The second half was pure hopelessness. Possibly one of the worst 2 quarter stretches of football I’ve seen from UND under Bubba. The fact it happened with a semi-packed House (11,000 +) and with UND ranked just makes it that much worse. It’s like 2015 on repeat.

The defense only gave up 6 points in the second half so I can’t be too critical of them, although the first half rushing defense was atrocious. 

The major issue here is obvious: the offense scored 0 points in the entire second half! The QB missed throws but ultimately the offensive line didn’t dominate like it needed to. Obviously they needed to run the ball in the second half and get a couple scores but the offensive front for UND again stalled in the second half.

This horrible, momentum-killing loss is on both the players and coaches. 

*BUT the coaches recruit the players, so obviously it comes back to the coaches overall. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Just win and the mascot looks cool 

• Upvote 2