SiouxSports.com Forum

UND- Idaho State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

The air around here is just so depressed, but not nearly as much as Va Tech.  They lost to winless ODU, which previously had been pummeled by Liberty.  Va Tech though remains rated in the coaches poll.  The sun came up again.

The unexpected happens and we shouldn’t discount that whether in a positive or negative manner.

1 hour ago, siouxfb said:

We actually downed the punt at the 4 yard line...That being said I still believe we should have gone for it. 

that was the second "i have no balls" punt...the first one palmborg misplayed it and it went into the endzone...the second " i have no balls" punt was down at the 4 (2 plays later right back to the 40)

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

At some point, this program needs to understand that they cannot keep doing this. 

You cannot keep laying eggs at the exact worst time.  

I was chatting with someone that thinks UND needs to move on (Fire Bubba, or he retires, whatever). Unless the university is going to make a bigger financial commitment to football, this move is ill-advised. First things, first. UND needs to build the locker rooms at the new practice facility. The problem is that the bar has been set very high 75 miles to the south. UND is a decent middle of the road program in FCS football, but I think to get to the next level, the commitment to the program needs to be bigger. If not things will remain the same. 

12 minutes ago, Goon said:

I was chatting with someone that thinks UND needs to move on (Fire Bubba, or he retires, whatever). Unless the university is going to make a bigger financial commitment to football, this move is ill-advised. First things, first. UND needs to build the locker rooms at the new practice facility. The problem is that the bar has been set very high 75 miles to the south. UND is a decent middle of the road program in FCS football, but I think to get to the next level, the commitment to the program needs to be bigger. If not things will remain the same. 

this idea that we can't win because phase 2 isn't complete has never seen the inside of holt arena.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

this idea that we can't win because phase 2 isn't complete has never seen the inside of holt arena.

First excuse was,  "We need to build the indoor practice facility. Then we'll show them!"

Now its, "We need new locker and weight rooms at one of the best FCS practice facilities in the country...Then we'll show them!"

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, tnt said:

But phase 1 was supposed to be a game changer itself.

So what's the magic solution to win it all? Clean house and start over. You set the program back even further. I agree UND is not close to winning an FCS title. Or at least I am not seeing a deep run in the FCS playoffs this season. Especially with what I've seen on the field. I do see a winning season. 

Yes, the offensive game plan if very predictable. Two runs and an incomplete deep pass. Punt. Do we fire the offensive coordinator and offensive position coaches and start over? The two home games that I've watched, I've seen a lot of catchable balls dropped. That's on the player. 

Yesterday, the Defense had trouble with containing the ISU receivers and running backs. Do we fire the defensive coordinator and position coaches and start over? I see a good core of talented players that are not quite there yet. 

In 1991, I was a freshman linebacker at UIU, Paul Rudolph was the offensive coordinator. Personally, I think he's a decent coach, but he needs to dig deeper into the play book. 

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

that was the second "i have no balls" punt...the first one palmborg misplayed it and it went into the endzone...the second " i have no balls" punt was down at the 4 (2 plays later right back to the 40)

I have never understood why in that situation they don't just catch the ball instead of trying to whack at it- if there is no one from the receiving team near a punt the kicking team can catch the ball to down it. 

1 minute ago, tnt said:

I’m not promoting anything, just referencing the phase 2 as the excuse for not making the strides necessary for improvement.

UND does really need to finish this. It's not going to hurt having it finished. 

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Have you seen our coaches offices and facilities inside memorial?

Have you seen the huge improvement from the “game changer” phase one, giving us the chance not to miss practice time like we did in the past?