North Dakota State 9-7 6 .563 15-8 .652 W1
UM Kansas City 7-8 7.5 .467 10-12 .455 L3
Western Illinois 6-8 8 .429 8-15 .348 W4
Denver 5-9 9 .357 7-16 .304 L2
Omaha 4-8 9 .333 6-12 .333 W2
Oral Roberts 4-8 9 .333 6-15 .286 L7
North Dakota 2-13 12.5 .133 2-19 .095 L4

11 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I saw now that Omaha knocked off the Jacks?  How does that happen?  Will the Jacks still make the tourney, meaning two Teams from the Summit?

I watched that game Omaha looked like the better team. SDSU had a stud out with an injury. Plus SDSU had a bunch of shots go in and out. 

Still, ranked #21 in the country and lose to lower level Summit team in the quarterfinals is pretty crazy.  I’d have to think they will still make the tourney but really don’t follow WBB closely enough to know if that loss will keep them out.

17 hours ago, dmksioux said:

I saw now that Omaha knocked off the Jacks?  How does that happen?  Will the Jacks still make the tourney, meaning two Teams from the Summit?

Charlie Creme is basically ESPN's "Joe Lunardi" of WBB.  Up until the loss to Omaha, he had the Jacks as a 6-seed for many weeks.  The Monday bracketology moved them down to a #9-seed, but still easily in.

USD has been listed as an at-large #10-seed for many weeks, and is now listed as a 10-seed AQ.  Recently Creme wrote an article that basically said that if USD doesn't now win the SLT, the Summit would get 3 in.  As insane as that sounds, Creme has been doing this for a while.

Personally, I think we wouldn't survive a loss, but who knows?

article:

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31025577/no-1-seeds-women-ncaa-basketball-tournament-set-questions-remain-rest-bracket

bracketology:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30423107/women-bracketology-brackets-all-shapes-sizes

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kiyoat said:

Charlie Creme is basically ESPN's "Joe Lunardi" of WBB.  Up until the loss to Omaha, he had the Jacks as a 6-seed for many weeks.  The Monday bracketology moved them down to a #9-seed, but still easily in.

USD has been listed as an at-large #10-seed for many weeks, and is now listed as a 10-seed AQ.  Recently Creme wrote an article that basically said that if USD doesn't now win the SLT, the Summit would get 3 in.  As insane as that sounds, Creme has been doing this for a while.

Personally, I think we wouldn't survive a loss, but who knows?

article:

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31025577/no-1-seeds-women-ncaa-basketball-tournament-set-questions-remain-rest-bracket

bracketology:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30423107/women-bracketology-brackets-all-shapes-sizes

That's pretty crazy to think the Summit could be a three bid league.  Again, I don't follow WBB very closely so I'm not sure if the power conferences dominate the rankings/tournament selection as much as MBB does.

It would be great to get the Men's conference to that level.  The only way I see that happening is by displacing mid major such as the MVC.  Maybe in time that could happen?  Lots of dollars would need to be invested by a majority of the schools though.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, zonadub said:

Not only a hostile crowd in Baylor’s house, but really felt like the officials wanted it to go the other way. There were a couple plays toward the end where the Coyote ladies were stuffed with plenty of body contact, only to have less contact on the other end being called against the Coyotes.

Well played Lady Coyotes. They have not trailed at any time in either game. Keep the momentum going.

They should have a huge showing in Wchita. Reasonable driving distance. What a story already and only 2 wins from Final Four in Minneapolis. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

South Dakota had sweet win on Baylor's home court. South Dakota State also had good day in  WNIT with win against University of Minnesota today by 21 points reaching the sweet sixteen in that tournament. The Two South Dakota schools are making good showing in the post season tournaments. I hope we can start making progress with our women's program where we are playing post season too in the near future. This going to help both these schools in the recruiting battles in next few years. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, ND-fan said:

South Dakota had sweet win on Baylor's home court. South Dakota State also had good day in  WNIT with win against University of Minnesota today by 21 points reaching the sweet sixteen in that tournament. The Two South Dakota schools are making good showing in the post season tournaments. I hope we can start making progress with our women's program where we are playing post season too in the near future. This going to help both these schools in the recruiting battles in next few years. 

But both the conference and national tournaments have "one and done" formats, so we shouldn't expect those results here. (sarcasm) :silly:

South Dakota State just reached the elite 8 in WNIT last night winning by 19 over Drake and will now face Alabama next on Sunday to get to final four of that tournament. South Dakota will be playing Saturday to advance to Elite 8 in NCAA tournament. There is possibility that both of them could reach final four in both tournaments. It is show casing the Summit conference but it also showing how far we have to go to get to next level of basketball if we are going to have chance of playing in the post season.

The next question is when will the new recruits be here for summer basketball with the team. If were going to make the next jump we will need these girls in the mix and contributing this coming year. Finally has it been officially been announced that Orth and Daninger are coming back i see where they have gained extra spot with announcement that Ally Van Loo will be transferring out. I also see that Wallace is transferring to ST. Louis where she can use her remaining eligibility up.