SiouxSports.com Forum

Summit League WBB

9 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

South Dakota State just reached the elite 8 in WNIT last night winning by 19 over Drake and will now face Alabama next on Sunday to get to final four of that tournament. South Dakota will be playing Saturday to advance to Elite 8 in NCAA tournament. There is possibility that both of them could reach final four in both tournaments. It is show casing the Summit conference but it also showing how far we have to go to get to next level of basketball if we are going to have chance of playing in the post season.

The next question is when will the new recruits be here for summer basketball with the team. If were going to make the next jump we will need these girls in the mix and contributing this coming year. Finally has it been officially been announced that Orth and Daninger are coming back i see where they have gained extra spot with announcement that Ally Van Loo will be transferring out. I also see that Wallace is transferring to ST. Louis where she can use her remaining eligibility up. 

Where did you see/hear the roster moves?

Tough on Wallace, shame that her UND career was cut short due to her injury.  Glad to see she will get a chance to play again. 

(NCAA Womens basketball transfers portal) show all movements for all schools in division I. I hadn't looked for a week and just saw Ally Van Loo name under North Dakota. I also felt for her she was to red shirt and then they pulled her red shirt her freshman year because of injuries and then either didn't get much playing time or was hurt i wish her luck to where ever she moves onto.  Has been quite a bit of movement with all Summit schools with exception of South Dakota Schools and i expect more with coaching change in KC. Denver lost their two big stars in Boyd and Ezeudo, and see Filer from Omaha and there are number of other names also transferring.

Your right about this if our women's and men's basketball teams were to get their programs built where we were competitive and with right one or two players make run in the NCAA tournament where they reached final four in the tournament it would be awesome. UND would get more recognition nationally than winning FCS championship and even DI  National  Hockey championship. I look at last year what ORU men did in the Tournament and they were shot away from elite 8 appearance and all national recognition they received.  I don't think people here realize basketball is the big sport and you can have great success if your good enough to just get couple elite players  recruited to get you upper tier of teams. Hockey and Football take major programs and you need high number of players to reach the upper tier in both sports.  It also doesn't cost as much to build big time basketball program as it does for other sports.  

South Dakota State just won to reach final four of WNIT with a win over Alabama. The game was very entertaining with both schools having leads of 10 or more for the game. South Dakota State will now host UCLA on Thursday a team they played back in November in Florida and beat by 10 points. This should be good game again and i would think they have good chance of winning again to reach the finals of WNIT. This is surely getting Summit more recognition in women's basketball for the future and i sure hope this will help other Summit schools in recruiting for Womens basketball. South Dakota just came up short yesterday by one play from advancing to elite 8. It has been good year for Women's basketball in the Summit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ND-fan said:

South Dakota State just won to reach final four of WNIT with a win over Alabama. The game was very entertaining with both schools having leads of 10 or more for the game. South Dakota State will now host UCLA on Thursday a team they played back in November in Florida and beat by 10 points. This should be good game again and i would think they have good chance of winning again to reach the finals of WNIT. This is surely getting Summit more recognition in women's basketball for the future and i sure hope this will help other Summit schools in recruiting for Womens basketball. South Dakota just came up short yesterday by one play from advancing to elite 8. It has been good year for Women's basketball in the Summit.

if that young lady would've hit that 3!!!!!!!!! damnit

great showing by the summit...

time for fenton to "lock it up"

I see in Womens transfer portal is showing that NDSU has just about been gutted with last transfers of Ryan Cobbins to Alabama and Skibiel transferring this makes number transfer from the team at 5 and you can add addition of girl left program in season from California. The drain of talent from Summit conference continues with the transfer portal for women's basketball. The Summit has lost Boyd, Ezeudo, Cobbins, Deaton, Filer, Bradford, and Alnatas all these players have made impact in this conference and if this continues the gap between South Dakota Schools will even widen further this coming year. Then you add in the number of graduates this year from the league it is quite list of top players in the conference that half left.

Lots of activity in Summit League today KC hired new coach today Dionnah Jackson Durrett from Texas and was Associate Head Coach . ORU let go of Misti Cussen after 10 years and are now looking for new coach. Then there are rumors that Dawn Plitzuweit was interviewing for the West Virginia job opening and on their fan forum that this was something they were worried about that she might leave. There have been a number big changes already in Summit with loss of players and schools making coaching changes for next year. It will be interesting off season and then trying to figure how the teams stack up against each other.

• Like 1