SiouxSports.com Forum

Summit League WBB

UND Women's Basketball starts 2018 -2019 season in the Summit League. Link below has standings.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/wbkb/2017-18/standings

WBB 2017

Games Attendance Avg

North Dakota       15    25,706     1,714

North Dakota St. 13      9,745        750

South Dakota      14    25,636     1,831

South Dakota St 15    28,622     1,908

Omaha                 13      5,850        450

Oral Roberts       13      8,236        634

Denver                 13      5,562        428

Fort Wayne         13    10,632       818

Western Ill.         14    10,721       766

Keep in mind these attendance numbers are a year old. I'll keep trying to find this past season's attendance.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Pre conference 2018-19 record.           Be interesting how these standing will adjust as the season bouncy balls forward!

2018-19 Summit League Women's Basketball Standings

Conference   Overall

GP Record Win % PF PA   GP Record Win % PF PA Last 10 Streak
South Dakota 0 0-0 0.000 0 0   14 12-2 0.857 1037 785 9-1 Lost 1
South Dakota State 0 0-0 0.000 0 0   13 8-5 0.615 969 857 6-4 Lost 1
Denver 0 0-0 0.000 0 0   13 7-6 0.538 1072 997 5-5 Lost 4
Oral Roberts 0 0-0 0.000 0 0   13 7-6 0.538 930 877 6-4 Lost 1
Omaha 0 0-0 0.000 0 0   12 5-7 0.417 705 720 4-6 Lost 3
North Dakota 0 0-0 0.000 0 0   13 5-8 0.385 806 898 4-6 Won 2
Purdue Fort Wayne 0 0-0 0.000 0 0   12 4-8 0.333 797 817 3-7 Lost 1
Western Illinois 0 0-0 0.000 0 0   13 4-9 0.308 959 1019 3-7 Won 1
North Dakota State 0 0-0 0.000 0 0   12 3-9 0.250 684 801 2-8 Lost 2

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.c0f59f3d8c734c8c1d5339cf6cd9e78c.png

Thought I better paste it instead of a link because things will change during the season.

Encouraging turn around for our team. Looks like we decided to pound it inside and go to the basket instead of firing threes that we don't seem very good at.

I had fun watching us play against ORU last night. I haven't said that for a while.

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...

darell1976

• darell1976
  •  
  • 16,240 posts

1. USD 7-1

2. SDSU 7-1

3. DU 5-3

4. ORU 4-4

5. WIU 4-4

6. NDSU 3-5

7. UND 3-5

8.Purdue-FW 2-6

-----------------------------------

9. Omaha 1-7

Wardolf College @ NDSU (Wed)

Purdue-FW @ ORU (Wed)

Peru St College @ Omaha (Wed)

SDSU @ DU (Thurs)

UND @ WIU (Fri)

USD @ Purdue-FW (Sat)

SDSU @ ORU (Sat)

UND @ Omaha (Sun)

NDSU @ WIU (Sun)

So with 2 wins this week we could be at least tied for 5th?

4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

darell1976

• darell1976
  •  
  • 16,240 posts

1. USD 7-1

2. SDSU 7-1

3. DU 5-3

4. ORU 4-4

5. WIU 4-4

6. NDSU 3-5

7. UND 3-5

8.Purdue-FW 2-6

-----------------------------------

9. Omaha 1-7

Wardolf College @ NDSU (Wed)

Purdue-FW @ ORU (Wed)

Peru St College @ Omaha (Wed)

SDSU @ DU (Thurs)

UND @ WIU (Fri)

USD @ Purdue-FW (Sat)

SDSU @ ORU (Sat)

UND @ Omaha (Sun)

NDSU @ WIU (Sun)

So with 2 wins this week we could be at least tied for 5th?

Yep. Crazy how tight of a race to the finish it’s goinb to be.

• Upvote 1

Dom Izzo story on state of SU's WBB

https://www.inforum.com/sports/basketball/961690-WATCH-Hot-Mic-with-Dom-Izzo-on-NDSU-womens-basketball    

"What has happened to Bison women's basketball?     

It may be the question I get asked most when I'm out.

The answer? Coaching and recruiting.

Once the crown jewel of the North Dakota State athletic department, winners of five Divsion 2 national championships, the women's program has become the butt of jokes on social media."

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 11:17 PM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Bison WBB lost Reilly Jacobson and Macey Kvilvang already this season and now they lose Sarah Jacobson.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/basketball/977054-Jacobson-no-longer-on-the-Bison-womens-basketball-team

KFGO interview with Jacobson. https://kfgo.com/podcasts/bison-central/962/sarah-jacobson-goes-one-on-one-with-jack-michaels-and-discusses-her-dismissal-from-ndsu-womens-bas-1/

" ... dismissed ... " 

First Robbins, now Jacobson.
Another NDSU athlete, a legacy of an NDSU WBB player mom, is done at NDSU. 
Each, arguably, by NDSU's own hand*. 

*Be it "trusted staff member" or whatever Larson's claim (grad student?) for Robbins and now dismissed by WBB team in this latest case. 

48 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

Interesting that Jacobson brought up resources for NDSU WBB in that chat. 

1 hour ago, choyt3 said:

She sounds like a class act.  Anyone know why she was "dismissed?"  She would probably never play for UND but, as my wife always says, it never hurts to ask.

1 minute ago, MoSiouxFan said:

She sounds like a class act.  Anyone know why she was "dismissed?"  She would probably never play for UND but, as my wife always says, it never hurts to ask.

You think she is a “class act” after listening to that? Pretty obvious to me she quit on the team before the season started - hoping to use a redshirt year with the possibility that Walseth isn’t back next year.  She was never injured.

Calliou even went along with the lie in his article stating she sat out for “health reasons”. If I know the truth and Sarah even admitted the truth today on Jack’s podcast why did Calliou lie to cover for her and the program a few days ago? 

2 hours ago, UND-1 said:

You think she is a “class act” after listening to that? Pretty obvious to me she quit on the team before the season started - hoping to use a redshirt year with the possibility that Walseth isn’t back next year.  She was never injured.

Calliou even went along with the lie in his article stating she sat out for “health reasons”. If I know the truth and Sarah even admitted the truth today on Jack’s podcast why did Calliou lie to cover for her and the program a few days ago? 

All I know about her character is what I heard on the podcast, so, yes, I think she is a class act; didn't sound bitter, didn't cast blame on anyone, etc.  I assume that the negative comments that you made about her character are based on more than speculation.  Either way, there's no reason to smear her on a public sports forum.

19 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

All I know about her character is what I heard on the podcast, so, yes, I think she is a class act; didn't sound bitter, didn't cast blame on anyone, etc.  I assume that the negative comments that you made about her character are based on more than speculation.  Either way, there's no reason to smear her on a public sports forum.

Sounds like it was her own decision to quit the team before the year started...not sure she should get credit for taking the high road but ok...if anything Walseth took the high road.

16 hours ago, choyt3 said:

Interesting previous comment in this thread about Sarah Jacobson a "class act", and one needs to remember her family history at SU. Sarah mentions about letting this play out a couple of times, does this mean something? Could she be anticipating a Coach Walseth dismissal and then return (play out)?

Why would Walseth kick a red shirt (which by the way already played two years) off the team with big family history, no reason stated? Kind of odd? And then only positive things are said by everyone involved? I could see a reason for Sarah leaving in that maybe she would think Walseth can't coach, but she was kicked off the team? 

There's a fire in the new empty Sanford Health Athletic Complex for the WBB games. Could we see another dismissal here soon, this time a coach?