Mismash-Jones-Kawaguchi

Adams-Gardner-Janatuinen

Hain-Hoff-Yon

Smith-Weatherby-Bowen

Tychonick-Poolman

Shaw-Bast

Kierstad-Peski

Thome

Just my thoughts. What do you guys think? 

I like it, move the freshmen up when they prove the need eh?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Junior league playoffs just getting going, they hit he trail.

Exactly, this is when you get to see what a players got when all the chips are on the line.  Think about it, they haven’t been able to focus on this in the past 15 years, so get out there and find a diamond in the rough so we can start a new streak.

22 minutes ago, SiouxFan25 said:

Mismash-Jones-Kawaguchi

Adams-Gardner-Janatuinen

Hain-Hoff-Yon

Smith-Weatherby-Bowen

Tychonick-Poolman

Shaw-Bast

Kierstad-Peski

Thome

Just my thoughts. What do you guys think? 

Those look good.  That would be a solid squad.  Not overall skilled but would be really tough to play against. Need some of the guys to continue to develop.

21 minutes ago, tnt said:

I wouldn’t count out Senden from being in the lineup, especially if he can kill penalties. 

Thought about that, but if scoring is tough to come by again next year I think it’d be hard to justify him. He is someone to consider though 

6 minutes ago, SiouxFan25 said:

Thought about that, but if scoring is tough to come by again next year I think it’d be hard to justify him. He is someone to consider though 

I don't think you'd find a UND fan that would disagree with you, except unfortunately, for the head coach. If Senden plays solid D and has absolutely no scoring touch, he won't see the bench his four years. 

Edit: Still frustrated with Johnson playing forward down the stretch while others (Hoff, Adams) were in the stands.

• Upvote 1

One thing that’s nice is that the group should have 4 solid centers returning, so the face off stats should stay the same if not improve.  And a healthy Bowen running an energy line with Smith and a guy like Rieger would be a solid 4th line.  

Can we have a player get to 40 points???

1 hour ago, SiouxFan25 said:

Would have been hard to justify Jones over Adams coming in as well, or even Simonson or Olson over Adams during the year.  The coaches have shown that they are going to go with compete level, regardless of stats, which is why I wouldn’t even be surprised to see Huber crack the lineup here or there.  He has put up 6 points in two playoff games, and even Keane has 4 goals in 6 playoff games, but we know stats don’t always translate.

57 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I see at least two leaving early - Gersich and Wolanin. I don't see either of them having much of a career in the NHL, if at all.

I think Wolanin has a decent chance if he can keep progressing in the ahl.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, hky said:

Ottawa will take a serious run at signing Wolanin before he can become a free agent this summer.  

And that will include playing out the year in the NHL and burning a year.  

Better for them to burn a year than to lose a prospect.

30 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Wolanin still has a year to get signed, Shane will become a free agent this summer if he doesn’t sign.

I hope they both stay but I think they can both become free agents this summer. I believe Wolanin wasn't drafted until 2015 when he was 20 years old. Gersich is younger but was drafted a year earlier.

46 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I hope they both stay but I think they can both become free agents this summer. I believe Wolanin wasn't drafted until 2015 when he was 20 years old. Gersich is younger but was drafted a year earlier.

They have a 4 year window to sign, Gersich’s ends this summer. So Wolanin has next summer to sign since he was drafted a year later the Shane.

16 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Pogo's goal yesterday sums up the season: Pogo shows no reaction; Jones almost jumps over the glass with joy. Pogo and yes, Gersich, just never showed "it" to me as far as leadership. No emotion. No inspiration. And dare I say, no heart? At some point you have to quit being satisfied with being as good (ties) and want to be better (win). 

A bit odd considering the team voted Pogo to be their captain. Conjecture.

11 hours ago, Irish said:

"Chip it off the glass" could describe our offense in 5 words.

Hakstol was all about the dump and chase. He wanted to make the defense work to get the puck, and then our forwards would make them pay at the boards. Only works if you have big guys and a couple of pure goal scorers.