SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 attendance

F'n Hawks

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

There’s no question that the athletic department allocates the majority of their brain power towards hockey.

If just one or two employees (with experience) were told to solely focus their efforts towards just football and basketball, it would go a long way. 

Always hearing the excuse of “if football won more, it would take care of itself”. I get that, but it does indeed go both ways. Football can win, but administration can aid that process from their level as well.

We averaged over 10,000 per game last season.

"If football wins more", tickets will be hard to get by the end of this season.

2 hours ago, Kab said:

Any idea on how season tickets are going this year

for about the sams as two hockey tickets you can get season football tickets

Article in the Herald said they were down, which is expected after last season.

As for your second part, season tickets are $465 for 21 games for hockey ($22/game). Football tickets are $94 for 5 games ($18/game). Not a huge difference that route. I assume you were referencing single game tickets, which are $25-30 for football vs $25-49 for hockey. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Article in the Herald said they were down, which is expected after last season.

As for your second part, season tickets are $465 for 21 games for hockey ($22/game). Football tickets are $94 for 5 games ($18/game). Not a huge difference that route. I assume you were referencing single game tickets, which are $25-30 for football vs $25-49 for hockey. 

As for your season tickets, is not a CC donation required on top of that ticket price and that amount varies depending on where the seat is in the stadium/arena? Now, aren't single game tickets more upfront but have no CC donation attached, so in the end tickets (season vs. single game) are pretty much the same cash out of pocket unless you are in top priority seating?

• 2 weeks later...

Just over a week till kickoff!

Great weather for Thursday. Mostly sunny, mid 70's, 10 mph S wind with very slight chance of rain. In the Hawk's Nest it will be just over 70 with 0's for the rest.

I was hoping we would have sold more tickets to date, but there should be a lot of walk on sales for this Thursday evening game.  Here's how it looks on Ticketmaster:

The four corner sections have about 1600 tickets available.

The four sections right next to each of the corner sections also have roughly 1600 tickers available.

About 160 tickets available spread out through the reserved sections.

The just over 2000 seat student section is blocked out, hopefully going to be filled.

The visiting team seats in lower section 217 are blocked out and therefore some of these could be for sale to the public a day or so before the game?

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

With it being a Thursday night game, I think 11k will be tough to get.  Maybe I'm being pessimistic though.

Between this game (I'm hoping I can still make it) and Weber St. during the Vegas weekend, the home schedule stinks for me this year.

Attendance for Thursday all depends on the students.  Will they make up for the folks that can't travel for a Thursday game?  Does the University/Alerus have a plan in case 4,000 students show up for tailgating, which is possible, yet only 1,700 funnel into the game?  

On 8/22/2018 at 11:36 AM, gundy1124 said:

Attendance for Thursday all depends on the students.  Will they make up for the folks that can't travel for a Thursday game?  Does the University/Alerus have a plan in case 4,000 students show up for tailgating, which is possible, yet only 1,700 funnel into the game?  

Well how many people are going to fit in this end zone bar? You can consider that filled 100%, I guarantee students will take that over if they can drink the whole game instead of getting sober in the student section. They need both end zones to be bars ASAP!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Well how many people are going to fit in this end zone bar? You can consider that filled 100%, I guarantee students will take that over if they can drink the whole game instead of getting sober in the student section. They need both end zones to be bars ASAP!

I don't think a free student ticket will get you on the field in the end zone bar......