SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 attendance

F'n Hawks

29 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Holy cow, Beautiful stadium. 

Do they typically fill all 72,500 seats? If they normally do, will they on Saturday against UND?

I have high hopes that K-Ham can keep the chains moving and produce a few TDs to keep the clock moving and keep things close. I hope it's enough of a game to keep everyone in their seats until the final play. 

This is also one of the louder college stadiums in the country. Not ideal but it is what it is.

Great opportunity against Washington for UND football. UND needs to use it to learn how to handle noise and a hostile environment so they can turn around and whip the Ag U buffaloes in 2019 at the FargoDome. UND handled the FargoDome environment pathetically back in 2015. 

Go Fighting Hawks!!

48 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

This is also one of the louder college stadiums in the country. Not ideal but it is what it is.

What do you mean? Of course that’s ideal. It’s a legendary venue which provides our team with a tremendous opportunity. At the very least it will be a great experience. It could harden our guys for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

What do you mean? Of course that’s ideal. It’s a legendary venue which provides our team with a tremendous opportunity. At the very least it will be a great experience. It could harden our guys for the rest of the season. 

I mean for our offense which consists of a new QB and a young OL. 

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/espn-will-not-assign-mark-jones-to-washington-huskies-games-for-the-foreseeable-future.html

ESPN will not assign Mark Jones to Washington Huskies games for the foreseeable future

The ongoing saga of ESPN vs. the University of Washington took another turn this past weekend. The feud dates back to last year as coach Chris Petersen was critical of 10 p.m. ET kickoffs. ESPN then hit back on College GameDay and then during a game against Cal citing the Huskies non-conference schedule. Mark Jones did not help matters with a tweet after Washington lost to Auburn last Saturday:

"Washington Huskies took one one on the chin. Where’s Montana ?"

Jones was the announcer during that infamous Cal game last year when sideline reporter Quint Kessenich laid down three cupcakes on the Washington turf to signify its 2017 non-conference schedule. To make matters worse, Jones also called Petersen “irascible and somewhat cantankerous” so that has stuck in the craw of Huskies fans.

Coach K.C. Keeler:

"They made the trip, came and played in the heat, and I thought they did a really good job. We don’t see their brand of football as much and so I think we overran some of our toss plays early. Their tailback is phenomenal, their quarterback is really good, their offensive line is great, they’re very well coached…and you know that’s kind of where it’s at."

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211772165&DB_OEM_ID=19900

It's homecoming - lots of out of town alumns returning who are going to the game no matter what the record. I have to say it was fun to hear that Sam Houston had a student section that was actually cheering throughout the game and it wasn't even third down.