SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 attendance

F'n Hawks

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

21 year old students were already standing in the end zone crosswalks drinking the whole game. The "bar" shouldn't really change anything there. 

This is part of the reason the student section isn't full.  UND and the Alerus have years of data on how many of the 2,000 student tickets are scanned.  It's below 80%.  Yet, after pointing this out a year ago......sadly, they didn't change anything.  I would fire someone!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Catwalks are where it’s at. 

They were just so-so; now that there’s an established bar presence there, the catwalks truly will be where it’s at. A field level bar would be even more hyped and attended. All good things that should be in the works. 

43 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

This is part of the reason the student section isn't full.  UND and the Alerus have years of data on how many of the 2,000 student tickets are scanned.  It's below 80%.  Yet, after pointing this out a year ago......sadly, they didn't change anything.  I would fire someone!!

The student seating needs to be adjusted. Ive been saying it for years. With the students consistently not using their entire allotted sections, the student sections should be reduced and/or relocated. We all know paying season ticket holders would love to consistently attend home games seated at the 50 yard line. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

They were just so-so; now that there’s an established bar presence there, the catwalks truly will be where it’s at. A field level bar would be even more hyped and attended. All good things that should be in the works. 

No. The catwalks have always been where it’s at.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

At this point, is there any reason to even do student tickets? Just scan their IDs at the door to get a number and call it good. 

That would work, scan in 2,100 for the 2,000 seats and catwalk areas.  Really, that is a simple solution!!

• Upvote 1

There are just over 3,000 seats still available to the public.

There are 2156 seats in the 3 student sections, don't know if the students get them all? Or if they will all be filled?

The visiting section {lower 217} is still blanked out, so I'll assume some of these will show up as available tomorrow?

Most games last year there were over a thousand walkons.

With that, looking like an attendance of 10,000.

53 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I hope so. They’re a big deal.

If so, we will get out banded and out danced on the field today.  I think the scoreboard is pretty safe though.  Time to pull the kids from school and hit the road!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2