SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Candidate for UCF President's Job

fightingsioux4life

55 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Again I say about the salary..........

He could have made twice the salary somewhere else, the day he took the UND job. DC lobbyists get paid pretty good.

If you're UCF, you might think twice before hiring Kennedy knowing he'd bolt when someone offers him more.

50 minutes ago, Cratter said:

He could have made twice the salary somewhere else, the day he took the UND job. DC lobbyists get paid pretty good.

If you're UCF, you might think twice before hiring Kennedy knowing he'd bolt when someone offers him more.

That’s anybody, Cratter. 

Money is a small segment of Kennedy's personal drivers IMHO.

Power and increasing responsibility are what drive him.  Politics says you go for a bigger job, like running for the Senate when you are already in the House, which he did.  UCF would be a much more challenging job with at least four times the potential impact.

7 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Well most people then. If I got an opportunity like that..I’d certainly take it even if that meant leaving a job on Day 1. 

Didn't a bunch of us here have severe reservations about the lady finalist during the AD search because of this mentality...............and wasn't one of them you?

Simple question....................

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

If they asked him to apply, which appears to be the case, I don't think they'd hold leaving UND after 20 months again him. 

3 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

My bosses are of like mind. Nothing to hide. ( ;

Must be an interesting workplace when everyone there is constantly looking for the next better gig.................................................................

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Must be an interesting workplace when everyone there is constantly looking for the next better gig.................................................................

Sure, I guess. It’s a product of capitalism ....work your butt off and prove yourself, when opportunity arises, seize it. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

And do you know that's the case with Kennedy? 

There is a big difference between actively looking for the next thing and being approached by a recruiting firm.

37 minutes ago, southpaw said:

And do you know that's the case with Kennedy? 

There is a big difference between actively looking for the next thing and being approached by a recruiting firm.

How many here have been approached by a headhunter? How many have made that known to your employer even if you have no desire to look into the situation you have been recruited for?  If Kennedy isn't actively looking or interested he should not have made this public IMO.

35 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

How many here have been approached by a headhunter? How many have made that known to your employer even if you have no desire to look into the situation you have been recruited for?  If Kennedy isn't actively looking or interested he should not have made this public IMO.

How many here have their names published with a list of 7 other candidates when they're headhunted? I'm guessing very few people here would have their name published in the Orlando Sentinel if they were a finalist for a job in which they were headhunted.

And again, there is a difference between actively looking and being interested.  When someone is actively looking, they're always interested in something new.  However, when someone is interested in something new, it doesn't always mean they're actively looking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

How many here have their names published with a list of 7 other candidates when they're headhunted? I'm guessing very few people here would have their name published in the Orlando Sentinel if they were a finalist for a job in which they were headhunted.

And again, there is a difference between actively looking and being interested.  When someone is actively looking, they're always interested in something new.  However, when someone is interested in something new, it doesn't always mean they're actively looking.

Agreed. I get contacted by a headhunter on what seems like  a monthly basis. I am not actively looking because I am happy where I am for now but I have the conversations. My boss also knows that I am being contacted because we have an honest relationship and he is smart enough to understand that he won't be able to keep me forever. plus, I have proved my worth so he wouldn't fire me for something trivial like this. Every job is different but I certainly do not blame Kennedy for looking into this after being contacted. 

• Upvote 3