SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Candidate for UCF President's Job

fightingsioux4life

1 minute ago, SiouxVolley said:

He makes final decisions and doesnt look back.  That is a rare characteristic of U President types.

I think he has made a final decision about UND.  He will have trouble leading the troops in Grand Forks now that they know he has one foot out the door.  He knows that too.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I want a president that others are interested in but who would say - "thanks but I made a commitment here and they made a commitment to me and it wouldn't be right to leave after such a short time"

^^^       Very much agree. This will be abump in the road here in ND for Pres. Kennedy. He will not get the job. By letting the world know he is ready to bolt, he will be hit on again.  At the same time North Dakota is put on notice and he will lose support. Just wan't here long enough to do this.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, dden3 said:

I think he has made a final decision about UND.  He will have trouble leading the troops in Grand Forks now that they know he has one foot out the door.  He knows that too.

Maybe he knows what is coming down the pike better than this board.  UCF would be a great job.  It is not as if he were applying to an XDSU.

In the upper world that Kennedy is in, if you don't move on you are a loser.

Kelley never was considered for another job for very good reasons.

Anyone know if Kennedy's contract extends beyond June 30, 2018?

Bresciani’s past year at NDSU has been rocky, including the delayed renewal of his contract by the higher education board, which voted 7-1 in November 2016 to extend his leadership of the university until June 30, 2018, the same term as his fellow campus presidents.

• Upvote 1

If he takes the job he'd have the shortest tenure since Blackburn (litteraly our first president). Frankly I expected him to be here awhile considering he and his wife are relatively local. Still, I wouldn't blame him if he can actually double his salary. 

That being said, it's hard to me to form an opinion on his short tenure. He mishandled cutting sports (we won't cut any sports in my tenure...a few months later...jk) but he inheireted that problem from Kelley/Schafer and the ND budget shortfall. 

2 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

If he takes the job he'd have the shortest tenure since Blackburn (litteraly our first president). Frankly I expected him to be here awhile considering he and his wife are relatively local. Still, I wouldn't blame him if he can actually double his salary. 

That being said, it's hard to me to form an opinion on his short tenure. He mishandled cutting sports (we won't cut any sports in my tenure...a few months later...jk) but he inheireted that problem from Kelley/Schafer and the ND budget shortfall. 

Why do we want someone leading our University that doesn't want to be here?  You think you're getting his best effort or is he just waiting for the next best thing to come along?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Why do we want someone leading our University that doesn't want to be here?  You think you're getting his best effort or is he just waiting for the next best thing to come along?

Again I say about the salary..........

If you are plugging along in your cubicle, doing your job and making $15/hr, and some other company from a distance notices your potential and offers you $30/hour in a bigger and warmer cubicle, are you gonna say no, "I refuse to even consider your proposition "?

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

If you are plugging along in your cubicle, doing your job and making $15/hr, and some other company from a distance notices your potential and offers you $30/hour in a bigger and warmer cubicle, are you gonna say no, "I refuse to even consider your proposition "?

Fine.  Slap him on the ass and wish him well in his new job.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

It's all just "crumbs" bin.............just "crumbs".

• Upvote 1