SiouxSports.com Forum

Alerus Center Events

Cratter

Just now, Irish said:

Glad to see them expand their entertainment - although I have to admit I was a little bit irritated to have to go through a metal detector to attend a craft show there last weekend.  A solution in search of a problem.  

Those women and the knitting needles can be dangerous

20 hours ago, Irish said:

Glad to see them expand their entertainment - although I have to admit I was a little bit irritated to have to go through a metal detector to attend a craft show there last weekend.  A solution in search of a problem.  

I suspect metal detectors showing up at large venues in ND recently has less to do with the venue management and more to do with their insurance carriers. 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

I suspect metal detectors showing up at large venues in ND recently has less to do with the venue management and more to do with their insurance carriers. 

Or perhaps a bit of both.  I know it is a trend that is coming everywhere - I just don't like it.  I can live with going through for a concert but a craft show?

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Cratter said:

KISS is going to play the Alerus Center.

Looks like your a little late to the party.  ;)

On 11/4/2019 at 12:30 PM, dmksioux said:

KISS is playing the Al February 22nd as a part of their farewell tour.  I like that they are getting a few more rock concerts instead of just Country acts.  

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grand Forks is getting ready for an influx of thousands of visitors this weekend. UND's hockey opener, the North Dakota football battle between NDSU and UND and an Eric Church concert — all making the Northern Valley the place to be.
https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/7214886-Grand-Forks-prepares-for-thousands-of-visitors-during-the-upcoming-packed-weekend

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Grand Forks is getting ready for an influx of thousands of visitors this weekend. UND's hockey opener, the North Dakota football battle between NDSU and UND and an Eric Church concert — all making the Northern Valley the place to be.
https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/7214886-Grand-Forks-prepares-for-thousands-of-visitors-during-the-upcoming-packed-weekend

We will be at the Saturday festivities, no hotel rooms to be had in GF, Fargo here we come.    

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

So... overall how did it go for the town after the big weekend? Was it 1980s Canadian shopper crazy madness or was the bars and restraunts able to handle the green surge?

"Big weekends" aren't uncommon in gf so it was pretty normal.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/12/2022 at 8:56 PM, Cratter said:

Another darn near attendance (if not a) record for the Alerus yet again tonight.

Plus UND hockey at the same time.

I hear the Al still hasn’t figured out how to handle large crowds. I saw lots of like for boycotthealerus. Some friends went to the concert, got their in plenty of time and missed the entire opening act and all but 2 songs of the second act. Was told it is not the Alerus’s fault. The Tour decides when doors open. Even if the decide they open an hour before the concert that should be plenty of time to get everyone in. 

13 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I hear the Al still hasn’t figured out how to handle large crowds. I saw lots of like for boycotthealerus. Some friends went to the concert, got their in plenty of time and missed the entire opening act and all but 2 songs of the second act. Was told it is not the Alerus’s fault. The Tour decides when doors open. Even if the decide they open an hour before the concert that should be plenty of time to get everyone in. 

No different than any other venue in the area.
Fargodome has similar problems for concerts and NDSU football with not getting people in quick enough. 

They wanted to open the doors up earlier and weren't allowed to. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I hear they did OK.  Conflicting 

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think a lot of the complainers are complaining bc it seems like the alerus finally has their crap together for getting big name concerts to the Alerus and the Fargo people are butt hurt.....

LOL - the Alerus is a money pit.  Stop traffic on 42nd to let out the venue, not real hard.  Anytime cars have to wait 90 minutes to exit something is wrong.