SiouxSports.com Forum

Alerus Center Events

Cratter

1 hour ago, nodakvindy said:

Agree with all, except make it an overpass rather than underpass

Negotiable. :) 

An underpass would require a drainage/sump system; an overpass requires some serious preliminary dirt work (settling). 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Negotiable. :) 

An underpass would require a drainage/sump system; an overpass requires some serious preliminary dirt work (settling). 

Underpass also requires supporting both directions of the interstate itself, would effectively be a tunnel.

6 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

Underpass also requires supporting both directions of the interstate itself, would effectively be a tunnel.

Undeniably. 

An overpass requires mounds on both sides to support the bridge deck and ramps. West Fargo had huge trouble with settling at Veterans and I94 exchange during construction. You can see some settling where they've piled mounds for the new 64th Ave interchange in south Fargo. Is that area in Grand Forks better? 

Both (over, under) have gold-letter pros and red-letter cons. 

15 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Red Pepper station... downtown loop....

You might convince me for a stop at 42nd and U (and you walk to Red Pepper West). 

If you don't see it, that "monorail" (like Shelbyville's ;) ) would replace the campus shuttle bus system. That's why I don't have it cross Columbia. You'd only run all the way to Alerus Center on game or event days. 

Want a downtown loop? Have the city do that from Sorlie Bridge to U at Columbia, route TBD. (Again, replacing city bus routes.) 

On 3/18/2022 at 9:36 AM, Blackheart said:

Would have been nice to have that monorail in place for Buck pitchers at the Spud every Friday.  Probably wouldn’t have wanted to be riding when everyone came back though.;)

Oh boy that brings back a memory!   Buck pitchers were a ritual but of course you were bombed drunk by 3pm in the afternoon.   Had a carfull of my buddies in my 4 door Chevy Chevette coming back from EGF on the DeMers onramp downtown at about 50mph one Friday.   Stepped on the brake when I saw a cop coming over the overpass and thought "!@#$! I'm screwed!"  He pulled up behind me fast but didn't light me up after I slowed down.  Turned left onto South Washington and headed for home.  If would have pulled me over I would have blown WAY over the limit.  Buck Pitchers of beer were good but remember the $5 pitchers of mixed drinks?   We did rum and coke pitchers for hours and were SERIOUSLY stumbling drunk when we left the Spud.  Stupidly drunk and thankfully we didn't hurt anyone including ourselves.  Fun times though all things considered.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...