SiouxSports.com Forum

Students Spearhead Effort for Fighting Hawks Mascot

ChrisUND1

5 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I think the Hawks themselves look better than expected! I would take the fugly logo off the front of his shirt though. It is a hawk we get it, it is overkill. Just put the North Dakota logo with the new font on front. The post office logo should never be any larger than maybe 2x3 inches on any item of apparel or uniform.

This was mentioned earlier, but the "tank top" is a placeholder of sorts.  It "can be changed for other attire", according to the document released.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

I will just buy North Dakota wearables and ignore the FH name, logo and now this mascot (and continue to cheer for my UND teams).  I know Darrell1976 will be unhappy with me.

Which you are well within your right to do. Congratulations and thanks for the update.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

This was mentioned earlier, but the "tank top" is a placeholder of sorts.  It "can be changed for other attire", according to the document released.

The top will change.  Football jersey for football games, basketball jersey for basketball games, hockey jersey for hockey games (if the Ralph will allow the mascot in the building :))

12 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

I will just buy North Dakota wearables and ignore the FH name, logo and now this mascot (and continue to cheer for my UND teams).  I know Darrell1976 will be unhappy with me.

I will buy and wear both, continue to cheer on UND, and reserve the right to hold the opinion that the logo is lame. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Siouxphan27 said:

I will buy and wear both, continue to cheer on UND, and reserve the right to hold the opinion that the logo is lame. 

That is the sentiment that hopefully even the most diehard #siouxforever fans will eventually have.  Most are in agreement that the name and logo could have been better, but that's what we got and we just have to deal with it.  

14 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

Funny how people did that during the cooling off period. 

22 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Good Shyte. Right there, I'd have been proud to donate money to this.

Fools and money are so easily seperated.

20180430_122354.png

I live how these pictures point out the similarities and not the differences lol

23 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Good Shyte. Right there, I'd have been proud to donate money to this.

Fools and money are so easily seperated.

20180430_122354.png

You sure these feathers don’t look to Native American? I guess I can’t tell the difference between regulars feathers and Native American ones

• Like 1

I guess I would jump and vote for Y, if someone was holding a gun to my head and said vote?
This is a choice of a vote, can't be serious? Seems more like communism in control here? Although, better than dictatorship in that at least there is vote.
What's the real difference in a choice here? 

I've moved on to supporting the bird, but this choice is not really a choice?
I'd concluded with   ---   the bird is stuck holding up it's pointer and constricting the bird from flipping the bird. More control?
Sorry for the politics!

I'm wondering why they don't have the ND Hawks logo on the right bicep so it's facing forward and the mascot can do the ol' muscle beach show off the bicep and tat routine. Or is that too masculine. Here, let me show you where I'd put it on my right bicep. 

1109-biceps-abs-1.jpg?itok=btI2735O&time

:silly:  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I think it is pretty obvious what the differences are.  I don't get your point.  Just look!

I think her point is they wrote out "Back of head would be green" and "Mouth slightly open for visibility" for every picture, rather than explaining all the differences in the shape of the head for each one.

56 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

You sure these feathers don’t look to Native American? I guess I can’t tell the difference between regulars feathers and Native American ones

Yep, really tough to distinguish bird feathers from ones that look like some sort of a headdress.

Image result for fighting hawks       

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Yep, really tough to distinguish bird feathers from ones that look like some sort of a headdress.

Image result for fighting hawks   Image result for fighting hawks  Image result for fighting hawks

That bottom pic looks pretty cool. With Dakota in our name you would think Indians would have no problem with that....oh wait our school is not on a reservation so it’s bad.