SiouxSports.com Forum

Hawks - Eagles

UNDBIZ

Final game of the year isn't what we expected it to be preseason. Hopefully UND can go out on a high (less low?) note. 

Reports are Gubrud is suspended for the game, so UND will have to overcome the only thing it struggles against more than good QBs, a backup QB.

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

I want this pelt bad. Last time they came here they played like garbage against a terrible UND team.

..........not sure this adjective is any different for this coming Saturday.

33 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I really don't see the team to the south sitting two star players for violating team rules. Props to the EWU coach for sticking to his integrity even with such an important game on the line.

Not a tough decision going into a game against the third worst team in the league.

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Gubrud's out but his replacement is UND's nemesis: a low number of career snaps freshman QB. 

Unfortunately the back-up is a highly touted, 2/3* kid out of California who put up video game numbers in high school and by all accounts is ready to continue EWU's streak of very good QB's. With the condition UND's secondary is in, I'm not so certain this will be as big of a step-down as it initially looks.

27 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Unfortunately the back-up is a highly touted, 2/3* kid out of California who put up video game numbers in high school and by all accounts is ready to continue EWU's streak of very good QB's. With the condition UND's secondary is in, I'm not so certain this will be as big of a step-down as it initially looks.

After seeing how Sac. State's fourth QB, true Frosh, did in his college debut against us, I don't hold out much hope that we will do much contain the Eagles this Saturday.  I hope I'm wrong...either way, the end of this nightmare of a season will be over.  Can't believe it's already over and it's been as bad as it has been.  Going to be a really long off season.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dmksioux said:

After seeing how Sac. State's fourth QB, true Frosh, did in his college debut against us, I don't hold out much hope that we will do much contain the Eagles this Saturday.  I hope I'm wrong...either way, the end of this nightmare of a season will be over.  Can't believe it's already over and it's been as bad as it has been.  Going to be a really long off season.

Thankfully the hockey team looks pretty good so that will hold me over until the spring. But yes, I am glad this nightmare is coming to an end.