SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to cut women's hockey

UND92

So ... other head coaches could get those players into the NCAAs ... 

Looking back, the biggest factor to getting UND WIH to the NCAAs was the Lamoureux twins, but even with them it only happened 2 out of 3 seasons. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota_Fighting_Hawks_women's_ice_hockey

Facts are pesky things. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, tnt said:

I wonder how Jimmy Kimmel has gone unscathed with the "Me Too" movement and all the ramifications from it and his previous show "The Man Show" and it's blatant objectification of women.   I think I can figure it out though.

This was brought up by a number of people following this hypocritical Oscar's performance last night.

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Image result for popcorn gif

I think you all are making the point just fine, but to put it another way: those former UND players that BS tracks should thank their lucky stars they cut WIH at UND, because it allowed them to transfer into either one of the traditional Big 2 in the WCHA the real reasons UND never could make it) or to a team in a weaker conference where they actually have a chance to play in the tourney. Bottom line: UND's inability to be a top 2 team in the WCHA kept these players out of the tourney. And coaching, it sounds like. :D

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I always have to laugh when people try and pretend that twitter followers make your point more valid. He's got more followers than Idalski had wins against the Gophers and Badgers and Bulldogs. Self-importance is a funny thing.

#olympians

#delusionsofgrandeur

#MEDIOCRITY