SiouxSports.com Forum

WEST Regional (fargo) - UMD/OSU ~~ BU/UND

AZSIOUX

56 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

We may have to do that between games, no beer sold in arena.  But there will be at the fanfest, if I am correct.  No reentrance either, so lets encourage the UMD guys to leave between the games. ;)

Beer runs like the Red in the suites, NCAA had no say in it last regionals.  So, if you know someone.......start greasing the skids.

1 minute ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I don't get the hate for Starman. He knows the game really well and points out things that I would miss and I've been watching hockey a few years. He also has a lot of good background on players.

I don't mind him but I'd put him just before Melrose and bucci. Clay Matvick is one of the best. 

Starman is good but he showers EVERYONE with praise. Talking about how important Simonson is to the team on Saturday got an eye roll from me.  

A few years ago when he announced the game where O'Donnell had a hat trick against Duluth he was talking about how OD had such an outstanding career...he was scratched half the time with injuries or just not making the lineup.

That said, he is knowledgeable about the game and the current college players.  Takes the time to pronounce names the right way.  Also, he's not overly enthusiastic like a certain ESPN guy.  

My critique is something a big fan would notice, but it likely makes it more enjoyable for the casual fan.  If that's the worst aspect of his pxp, he's doing well. 

• Upvote 1

Ok, so we get by BU on Friday and end up playing the UMD diving team on Saturday...Sioux are up 4-1 with one minute to go and we are coming down on a 2-1 with Cole Smith and Trevor Olson...Do we A) Try to score, B) Play the puck into the corner and hold it against the boards to burn up the clock, or C) Have both players launch themselves like a missile into the Duluth goalie at the same time in order to take him out of the game.  I vote for option C, what do you guys think? :)

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Ok, so we get by BU on Friday and end up playing the UMD diving team on Saturday...Sioux are up 4-1 with one minute to go and we are coming down on a 2-1 with Cole Smith and Trevor Olson...Do we A) Try to score, B) Play the puck into the corner and hold it against the boards to burn up the clock, or C) Have both players launch themselves like a missile into the Duluth goalie at the same time in order to take him out of the game.  I vote for option C, what do you guys think? :)

C all the way, I mean what do we have to lose? Its not like smith or olson will get ejected from the following game even if it is an obvious attempt to run the goalie.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gfhockey said:

I'll take matvik over holden 

The only problem I have with Holden is the  "...AND (Insert school) DRAWS FIRST BLOOD!" thing every time a team scores the first goal. EVERY. GAME. EVER.  But Buccigross annoys me a trillion times more than Holden. Buccigross is kinda the worst, and his NHL color commentator can't pronounce names to save his life, and has no clue about college hockey prior to the NCAA tournament. So....all things considered I'd take Holden/Starman

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, ringneck28 said:

We may have to do that between games, no beer sold in arena.  But there will be at the fanfest, if I am correct.  No reentrance either, so lets encourage the UMD guys to leave between the games. ;)

Yeah I completely forgot about that! I figured the bud light lounge would have beer, but it's a ncaa event. Is the fan fest connected? Could one go to first game then to fan fest then back in ? Yeah perhaps before the game! 

44 minutes ago, Kooshnitz said:

Yeah I completely forgot about that! I figured the bud light lounge would have beer, but it's a ncaa event. Is the fan fest connected? Could one go to first game then to fan fest then back in ? Yeah perhaps before the game! 

Yep - that's the point.  They're going to make bank off of all of us going to the other sheet for fan fest for drinks and food.  $20 a person just to get in for the weekend, it's closed during games - including period breaks - so you can only enter before, between, and after.  Then, drinks and such.  $$$$$$$$

Yes, we still bought the fan fest tickets, largely for the gap between the afternoon and night games on Friday, since you can't leave :\

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Or D) the lone UMD player is a certain goalie running punk who gets tripped up by one UND player and then landed on by both UND players during the goal celebration.

16 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Yep - that's the point.  They're going to make bank off of all of us going to the other sheet for fan fest for drinks and food.  $20 a person just to get in for the weekend, it's closed during games - including period breaks - so you can only enter before, between, and after.  Then, drinks and such.  $$$$$$$$

Yes, we still bought the fan fest tickets, largely for the gap between the afternoon and night games on Friday, since you can't leave :\

Great thanks for the info. I guess I should buy mine as well!

1 hour ago, Kooshnitz said:

I don't really understand the no alcohol at the NCAA event thing. Unless we're feeding the beer to underage kids, why does it matter who is actually playing. If you are at an entertainment event, and you are of age, what is the problem?

• Upvote 2