SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Jones?

darell1976

My post was hasty....I was upset. Coach Jones has represented his position has head coach very well. He made the NCAAs and little program improvement came from that success. UND is a great job, yet tough as well with location and finacial committment to program. All this has been expressed in recent posts. If Coach Jones does in fact depart for a change, I would support his decision as he is doing what he thinks is right for his family and his career...and he deserves that respect. Then I would trust our administration to make a hire that is fitting for future success.

19 minutes ago, UofND-Alum said:

My post was hasty....I was upset. Coach Jones has represented his position has head coach very well. He made the NCAAs and little program improvement came from that success. UND is a great job, yet tough as well with location and finacial committment to program. All this has been expressed in recent posts. If Coach Jones does in fact depart for a change, I would support his decision as he is doing what he thinks is right for his family and his career...and he deserves that respect. Then I would trust our administration to make a hire that is fitting for future success.

Plz check my pm to you.  Thx

1 hour ago, Shawn-O said:

I'm not following, at all.  Sorry, but I grew up in the Gunther and Glas eras, where .467 basketball over 13 years doesn't cut it.  We need to expect more, demand more.  Can the guy recruit?  Guards, yes.  Has any coach in the five state area done less with more with said recruits?  Arguably no.   If the gig is $95K a year, does it really make any difference?   

Well said!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Okay, let's not pull a Kennedy and bash him in social media.

Losing Jones would be tough on our program. He is a great recruiter and the players relate to him. He took UND to the next level and deserves to take the step to the  next level. We would miss him but would also wish him well.

Come on you guys - it was meant to be "tongue in cheek" if you want a coach to move on you build him up and gnash your teeth in public - there goes the secret. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I just hope he leaves. This is so tiring talking about him. 

Its been 13 years, I just want somebody else, somebody else who can bitch about their low salary and low budget.

Regardless of whether he stays or goes, he is correct in the fact the BBall program needs more funding.  Doesn’t matter who we hire if we don’t try to increase the funding for the program.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

I just hope he leaves. This is so tiring talking about him. 

Its been 13 years, I just want somebody else, somebody else who can bitch about their low salary and low budget.

Not a defense of Jones, but if fans are going to complain about the state of the program, then the coach has a fair point.