SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Jones?

darell1976

Okay, let's not pull a Kennedy and bash him in social media.

Losing Jones would be tough on our program. He is a great recruiter and the players relate to him. He took UND to the next level and deserves to take the step to the  next level. We would miss him but would also wish him well.

10 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Losing Jones would be tough on our program. He is a great recruiter and the players relate to him. He took UND to the next level and deserves to take the step to the  next level. We would miss him but would also wish him well.

Would it? I put Jones in the same boat as Mussman. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Wrong comparison.

more Idalski than Muss. 

Jones accomplishments trump Mussmans by a long shot. 

Nah, Jones actually won a couple conference tournaments.

Above-average recruiter, average during the regular season and struggled with consistency, but almost always had his team playing their best ball during tournament time. Tough to argue with results considering the salary (and assistant pool salary) that the program is working with along with some very "different" situations that most coaches will never have to worry about dealing with. Always seemed to get the season he needed at the right time.

I honestly would have put better odds on him going to Nevada to reunite with Steve Alford, who he coached under for multiple years but Alford just announced his full staff yesterday. Don't know what Jones' relationship with McCaffery is other than the dust-up from a few seasons ago and the two assistants Iowa already have on staff have been there for 9 and 10 years, so Jones would likely be bottom rung on the tree. Unless he really wants to get back to the Iowa area, that would like an interesting career choice.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Wrong comparison.

more Idalski than Muss. 

Jones accomplishments trump Mussmans by a long shot. 

I disagree with that. Idalski still had a winning record at UND while both Jones and Mussman are at about the 47% winning pct. 

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Could you expand on your thoughts about Jones being a great recruiter.  

7 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

That is why I asked - enlighten me. It is obvious that I disagree but I simply asked what the basis for your thoughts are. Not looking to argue about it. 

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Shhhh I think he’s trying to make sure nothing bad leaks before he’s gone. 

9 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

That is why I asked - enlighten me. It is obvious that I disagree but I simply asked what the basis for your thoughts are. Not looking to argue about it. 

Sigh, sent you a PM to clarify.