SiouxSports.com Forum

Early departures 2017

cberkas

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Haha....Coyle is a good player.....and huge.

Yeah, I had a chance to see Jost play in person against the Wild last Sunday, and again on tv last night.  There is nothing that I've seen that causes me to think he made a bad decision to leave, as much as I'd have liked to see him stay.

Miska was the reason Duluth was in that championship game.  Kid was great all season long, and saved his team's bacon in Fargo when Ohio State was rolling. Being 21 years old and coming off a season that literally nobody in America saw coming the time was right for him to take the money and run.  

All eyes to Pionk now.  

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Why does everyone get excited when top players leave our conference. Make fun of the B1G for being easy yet want an easier path in our league that we pimp as the toughest in the land? I guess you can have it both ways.

I think the simmering hatred of Duluth on this forum is the main reason why people are giddy. If it happened to St. Cloud, you wouldn't have the same reaction.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Why does everyone get excited when top players leave our conference. Make fun of the B1G for being easy yet want an easier path in our league that we pimp as the toughest in the land? I guess you can have it both ways.

I want the NCHC to stay the toughest conference, but at the same time early departures are going to be a side effect of a strong league.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Let's see some DU players opt for the pros too. 

Butcher, Janssen, Marcinew, Romig, Ritt, VanVoorhis, Cowley, Ogard. <-- They lose a big group of seniors including a Hobey winning defenseman. 

Honestly, I suspect if DU has early departure motion it'll be late (as in after Montgomery makes his decision because his name is coming up in a lot of NHL talk). 

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Butcher, Janssen, Marcinew, Romig, Ritt, VanVoorhis, Cowley, Ogard. <-- They lose a big group of seniors including a Hobey winning defenseman. 

Honestly, I suspect if DU has early departure motion it'll be late (as in after Montgomery makes his decision because his name is coming up in a lot of NHL talk). 

They lose 9, Hawkins.