SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - NCHC best 2 of 3

AZSIOUX

10 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

3" of snow worries you? It is winter in North Dakota...;)

haha I don't believe the DOT map out here right now. You wouldn't believe all the ice we got Monday/Tuesday. I don't think it's all gone. That, with snow (it's snowing here now), and -35 windchill... I just decided to play it safe.

That blizzard earlier this week admittedly made me pretty gun shy.

I'll admit, I into the category of someone who would be there this weekend but am not going. It's a bit of a trek from Jamestown for me, I'm playing in a basketball tournament tomorrow, and quite frankly, this team hasn't inspired me. Give it fatigue from DAPL, or a host of other reasons, but I'm just not into this season as much. Really, I just haven't connected to this team. In the past I always wanted to see the seniors one more time. See Blood put on the number 24 one last time. See Pattyn face wash one last time. Or, just see the team play because it felt special, Pony Express, DOT, CBS. 

6 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

haha I don't believe the DOT map out here right now. You wouldn't believe all the ice we got Monday/Tuesday. I don't think it's all gone. That, with snow (it's snowing here now), and -35 windchill... I just decided to play it safe.

That blizzard earlier this week admittedly made me pretty gun shy.

Wouldn't chance it either with more snow predicted and all the snow waiting to blow again.  Weather cams on dot, however,  show surprisingly clear roads.  Must have been too cold to stick during that storm

18 minutes ago, snova4 said:

I'll admit, I into the category of someone who would be there this weekend but am not going. It's a bit of a trek from Jamestown for me, I'm playing in a basketball tournament tomorrow, and quite frankly, this team hasn't inspired me. Give it fatigue from DAPL, or a host of other reasons, but I'm just not into this season as much. Really, I just haven't connected to this team. In the past I always wanted to see the seniors one more time. See Blood put on the number 24 one last time. See Pattyn face wash one last time. Or, just see the team play because it felt special, Pony Express, DOT, CBS. 

Wait, WUT? I don't follow the connection...

Lower Bowl seats going for $30 in Ticket section.....actually the forecast for western North Dakota is calling for 3 inches tonight and up to 8 more Saturday - Sunday....with the storm we experienced out here Monday Tuesday won't be many people venturing out....it was as nasty as they come.....heard Region 6 basketball tourney yesterday was poorly attended by the teams north of Minot as many of those areas are still snowed in....

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Is UND on Spring Break?

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I believe they are every year during the 1st round of playoffs.

Yes, that's correct. And this weekend's games are not included in the student season tickets for that reason, opening up five (or six?) extra sections of seats.

Dave

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

I also think there is an assumtion that you can't get hockey tickets unless you know someone.  Poor advertising by UND this week..

The team didn't help matters by not clinching home ice until the last possible moment. In the past they were able to sell/release the tickets sooner.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Big Green said:

I also think there is an assumtion that you can't get hockey tickets unless you know someone.  Poor advertising by UND this week..

Interesting take.  I know there have been several Tweets and re-Tweets by the University, plus lots of Schlossman coverage on his blog.  UND hosting the first round of the conference playoffs truly isn't an uncommon occurrence.  In fact, this year garnered extra attention because of the streak being on the line until the very last weekend.  And UND hockey fans aren't exactly unsophisticated.

I ignore TV commercials, I don't read the Herald in print, and I do not listen to local radio, so someone else will have to speak to those particular media.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons why the Ralph may not fill that have nothing to do with advertising.  What would UND have to do to get a passing grade here?

As to any widely held assumptions about accessibility?  Yes, UND is the beneficiary of a ridiculously successful program and sustained ticket demand that is virtually unheard of, so people can be forgiven because they are not being hounded to buy tickets on a daily basis.  But I do not accept that people in and around Grand Forks are completely in the dark about UND hockey except by choice.

• Upvote 1