SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - NCHC best 2 of 3

AZSIOUX

The Caggiula goal (video above): 
Yes, contact with an official. And a penalty should've been called.

TWO MINUTES, ELBOWING, on the referee! :D 

More seriously, the official could've called an "unsportsmanlike" minor on Stecher for touching him (re-watch the video). I'm pretty sure the official let it go because it was not malicious and seemed intended to relay good nature and concern for the official. 

11 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

Home team wears white unless agreed upon by both teams. I don't see SCSU agreeing to let us wear black, because we are undefeated in them this year.

Do you really think another team would say, no you can't wear your black jersey's because you are hard to beat in them? Lol...If I was the coach I'd say, you go right ahead, we'll beat you in whatever you wear! 

I know they've wore em at home before. Maybe St Cloud says sure, you can wear your black jerseys Friday if we can wear our black jersey's Saturday. 

9 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Do you really think another team would say, no you can't wear your black jersey's because you are hard to beat in them? Lol...If I was the coach I'd say, you go right ahead, we'll beat you in whatever you wear! 

I know they've wore em at home before. Maybe St Cloud says sure, you can wear your black jerseys Friday if we can wear our black jersey's Saturday. 

Do you think a coach is really going to ask can we wear our black jerseys because we don't think we can beat you in our whites. We will be in white this weekend.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Yea! History proves this answer.

13 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Yes we all know its happened during the regular season, twice I think. The first time was when Ralph passed away ....it wont happen at playoff time I guarantee you that.

The other time was during a regular season game against....St Cloud.  UND scored 5 goals in the 1st period!  Great game to be at.

10 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Yes we all know its happened during the regular season, twice I think. The first time was when Ralph passed away ....it wont happen at playoff time I guarantee you that.

And most likely they would wear their red "away" jerseys and we would wear black which would make it tough on our first rounder that is colorblind.   Black versus white is easier than black versus dark grey.   It won't happen for a number of reasons. 

9 minutes ago, keikla said:

It doesn't hurt, but it's worth noting that SCSU has rotated 7 defensemen for most of the year (kind of like we did last year) because they are so deep at that position.  So it's not quite the benefit of Belpedio being out.

They may be rotating 7, but he has only missed playing in one game.  He also is on the starting line, if that means anything.  I would say he is a signifigant part of the d pairings.

11 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

They may be rotating 7, but he has only missed playing in one game.  He also is on the starting line, if that means anything.  I would say he is a signifigant part of the d pairings.

Borgan is an elite player. Big loss for SCSU.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND1981 said:

Miami was without Belpedio.  SCSU will be without Borgen for 2 games.  Doesn't hurt our chances for this weekend.

No it doesn't hurt them as long as they bring it all weekend.  It seems like some of our best games this year have come when we have key guys out of the lineup.  I am sure St. Cloud will use it as a motivational tool as well, so hopefully UND will have the right mindset and can take advantage of a top player out of St. Cloud's lineup.  I'm sure St. Cloud would be more than happy to be playing a game on Sunday in which they would get a star player back and a mental edge in the process. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I still feel that 2 games isn't enough, maybe if this happened earlier in the season Borgen would have gotten 5 to 10 games.

What it does is set a precedent going forward.  If a fairly light push gets you 2 games, then anything worse could garner the 5 games or so.  I was actually thinking he would only get one game.  

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

What it does is set a precedent going forward.  If a fairly light push gets you 2 games, then anything worse could garner the 5 games or so.  I was actually thinking he would only get one game.  

Remember this is the playoffs.  Duncan Keith should have been suspended last year 10 games....but he got 2 because it was the playoffs.  I'm guessing the fact he would be missing playoff games came into consideration.

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Remember this is the playoffs.  Duncan Keith should have been suspended last year 10 games....but he got 2 because it was the playoffs.  I'm guessing the fact he would be missing playoff games came into consideration.

Totally agree. That is what these guys live for.  I am hoping that Borgen could possibly be done playing at St. Cloud, and that he has a choice to make after this weekend.  I am sure St. Cloud is going to do everything it can to help out their comrade and prevent that.  

If we secure a spot in the regional, I believe that the regional in Fargo will be played on Friday/Saturday is that correct?  If that is correct, what time would the latest game on Saturday be played?  Trying to make travel plans around the regional in Fargo...

20 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

If we secure a spot in the regional, I believe that the regional in Fargo will be played on Friday/Saturday is that correct?  If that is correct, what time would the latest game on Saturday be played?  Trying to make travel plans around the regional in Fargo...

Yes, it is Friday/Saturday.  Here's a breakdown of the times (all Eastern) from last year's Friday & Saturday games:

Friday Semifinals:

• 2:00 pm
  • 4:30 pm
  • 5:30 pm
  • 8:00 pm

Saturday Finals:

• 6:00 pm
  • 9:00 pm

3 hours ago, keikla said:

It doesn't hurt, but it's worth noting that SCSU has rotated 7 defensemen for most of the year (kind of like we did last year) because they are so deep at that position.  So it's not quite the benefit of Belpedio being out.

Yes, Borgen out for 2 games and Wilkie to start a scoring streak??