SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

3 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Guys from the Wiki who committed elsewhere, some already probably mentioned.

OT Evan Clark, 6'3“, 270, Derby (Derby) , KS  Has offers from WY, WIU & SDSU   Missouri Western State University
OT Mitchell Kay, 6'4”, 300, Long Beach (Long Beach CC), CA   N Arizona??
DL Tobi Adedara, 6'4“, 225, St. Charles (North), IL  Has offer from Yale   Dartmouth
S Nick Hessefort, 6'4, 180, 4.6, Blue Springs (Blue Springs), MO Has offers from MO St, SIU & WIU   Missouri State
CB Jontae Dobson, 5'11“, 190, Indianapolis (Ben Davis), IN (2 Star - Scout & 247) Has offers from Army, Harvard, UNI, USD, Yale, WIU, Wofford, SIU, IN St & EIU   Army
ATH Clayton Isbell, 6'3”, 200, 4.7, St. Charles (East), IL Has offers from WIU, SIU, SDSU, USD, IL St & UNI   Illinois State

Thx - I have been traveling. I made these and a few other revisions. 

11 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Weren't there a few commits this weekend? Other than Johnson, does anyone have any ideas on who they may be? Seem like there has not been much reporting for football since the first signing day.

Perhaps they were referencing the already committed guys. Just a guess.

A lot of Safety commits this year. Definitely not a bad thing given the depth issues we have had and the departure of Reyes Anyone know where we can expect to see Jaxon Turner playing next year? If I recall, they were moving him back to safety until there were depth issues at LB. Will they be moving him back to safety again? If he can play the position, I'd rather have a 200lb Safety over another 200 lb linebacker.

"TE Beau Foix committed yesterday and would classify him as a ‘diamond in the rough’. The Iron Ranger from Virginia, MN is a legit 6’6” and can move quite well. He was a force along the defensive line and even lined up at QB in their short yardage situations. Foix has bigtime potential at tight end for UND and could easily be moved to defensive line if a need arises. You can never have too much height/length and Foix has both."

chad mustard is the last te that has had any effect on the und offense in the last 20 years and has gotten worse under rudy!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I agree that the TE's on the roster and added this year are very athletic.

My thought is that Studs would lock on to a WR early, and never get back to any other player. Now there were very few times he locked on to a TE, but with a new QB, maybe they get noticed more.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, O Town said:

Can't agree more.  Makes no sense. The current TE's are very athletic and not used to there potential. All you hear about is the pro style offense we are using and the TE's are not involved for the most part in the pass offense. Nothing like you see at the next level.

Also, I have watched games in the SEC and the NFL and TE’s are used often. A lot of talent going to waste.

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

"TE Beau Foix committed yesterday and would classify him as a ‘diamond in the rough’. The Iron Ranger from Virginia, MN is a legit 6’6” and can move quite well. He was a force along the defensive line and even lined up at QB in their short yardage situations. Foix has bigtime potential at tight end for UND and could easily be moved to defensive line if a need arises. You can never have too much height/length and Foix has both."

chad mustard is the last te that has had any effect on the und offense in the last 20 years and has gotten worse under rudy!!!!!

That's because it takes 21 years to learn the offense.  

5 hours ago, shep said:

I agree that the TE's on the roster and added this year are very athletic.

My thought is that Studs would lock on to a WR early, and never get back to any other player. Now there were very few times he locked on to a TE, but with a new QB, maybe they get noticed more.

Good point.  It will be interesting to see if the offense takes a step forward next year with hopefully a more natural passer who doesn't lock in on his first target right away.