SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-2) @ NDSU (6-3) 12/7 7:00 PM

SWSiouxMN

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's everyones take on billy brown? better upside than mcdermott?  should have redshirted?  seemed to be able to move his feet decently tonight but had an ugly airball?

I've liked what I've seen from him. Good shooter not as lights out as McDermott. Probably provides more in terms of dribbling and passing than McDermott though. Would have been nice to see him and Walters redshirt though. 

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's everyones take on billy brown? better upside than mcdermott?  should have redshirted?  seemed to be able to move his feet decently tonight but had an ugly airball?

He played a lot of minutes tonight.  Did ok.  I'll feel better in the next match up if it's Seales getting those minutes as Dupree got some easy points tonight just over powering Brown.  

59 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I've liked what I've seen from him. Good shooter not as lights out as McDermott. Probably provides more in terms of dribbling and passing than McDermott though. Would have been nice to see him and Walters redshirt though. 

Not sure about Brown yet. McDermott really only had a coupletter light out games, but was never as consistent as I had hoped. I think he would have gotten to be that real threat, but Brown could turn into that too. great win and a ton of fun.

Don't just beat Fargo in Two weeks, beat them by at least the same margin.

• Upvote 1

Hooker struggled shooting, but ended up with 9 assists to 3 turnovers.  Good ratio.  He was also solid defensively

Baldwin had a couple of big 3's in the 2nd half. 

Drick probably had the quietest 12 points/6 rebound game ever, but he was efficient

Avants and Shanks had troubles with Werner on the defensive end, but did chip in offensively at key moments during the game.

3 double figure scorers with two right behind them with 9 and 8, will take that every night if possible

rebounding was about dead even

Geno was a boss on the court, if he plays like that all year... watch out

Team was 14-15 from the line (come on Corey... :p )

Good road win, now do it again in Cedar City in a few days :)

I expect a very PO'ed Bison team to come up to Grand Forks, hope they are ready.

21 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Side note, What did everyone think of the jerseys?  I thought the dark charcoal grey look was pretty sharp.  I definitely like them better than the black ones.  

Just had an NDSU fan from work that was at the game last night tell me the grey is growing on him.  Wasn't a fan when he first saw them on the football team but didn't mind them the second time around and really liked the hoops uni's last night. 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Hooker struggled shooting, but ended up with 9 assists to 3 turnovers.  Good ratio.  He was also solid defensively

Baldwin had a couple of big 3's in the 2nd half. 

Drick probably had the quietest 12 points/6 rebound game ever, but he was efficient

Avants and Shanks had troubles with Werner on the defensive end, but did chip in offensively at key moments during the game.

3 double figure scorers with two right behind them with 9 and 8, will take that every night if possible

rebounding was about dead even

Geno was a boss on the court, if he plays like that all year... watch out

Team was 14-15 from the line (come on Corey... :p )

Good road win, now do it again in Cedar City in a few days :)

I expect a very PO'ed Bison team to come up to Grand Forks, hope they are ready.

Very true. In our favor, Hooker has a chance to be a bigger offensive player, at home, this time; and hopefully Cortez is ready to go by then.

• Upvote 1

How cynical about UND MBB am I?
I flipped the Midco to 622 and read the bottom of the screen and saw just seconds to half, but my biases had me seeing UND -10, not +10. 

Me: "Great. Figures."
TV companion: "What? They're up."
Me: < blink, blink >, < rub eyes > "Hoe. Lee. ... "

When the Baldwin guy dropped a nice 3 with about 3 to play (to go up 14) I almost allowed myself a Grinchish smirk. 

Credit where credit is due:
Nice win. Impressed. 

Now don't get fat and sassy. People will see that and be ready for you. 

• Upvote 3

Bisonville is pretty funny right now.

Half melt down about the fact that they lost; with some that can't believe they got smoked by "a very bad UND team". Pretty funny really. I'm not saying that we are Duke or Kentucky (obviously), but this is a pretty experience team, with some good leaders. I would call them outstanding (yet), but to think they are a flat out bad team is pretty funny.

At least some posters are reasonable. It was one game, and yes they Bison looked terrible (other than Werner), but let's see how they respond next week. If NDSU comes to GF and does that to us, the whole conversation changes.

I do think NDSU is going to come out with a lot more energy, especially right away. UND needs to weather the storm and keep it tight early. Need to stay out of foul trouble and get Hooker going. I'll take UND to win, but I don't think it will be the blowout that it was last night.

Looked like UND made a conscious decision to not double Werner for the majority of the game even after he started rolling. Guessing the thought process was that it was better to take your chances on Werner cooling down than sending a double team down on him and leaving one of their shooters open, giving them a chance to start rolling which would have given NDSU a much better chance to get back in the game.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

According to them whenever UND beats SU it's because they have a very bad team - it's never because UND has a good team. 

haha, well there were a few who though UND was good, but most seemed to be of the opinion that UND was bad, and NDSU was really bad. Which like I said, could look completely different in a week.

Just realized that Saturday's game is on at 7, so its looking like the second weekend in a row where I'll be dragging a second TV into my living room. Basketball on 1 tv via Roku, and Hockey on the other (since the game will be on Fox College Sports).

Would be really great to see UND beat UNI, especially after the beat down we got last year. Also lost to them in the CIT a few years ago. We have the team to stay competitive, but need a more typical game from Q.

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Just realized that Saturday's game is on at 7, so its looking like the second weekend in a row where I'll be dragging a second TV into my living room. Basketball on 1 tv via Roku, and Hockey on the other (since the game will be on Fox College Sports).

You're a device short. 

W BASKETBALL at North Dakota State 7:00 PM
ESPN3, MidcoSN2 (channel 624)
M BASKETBALL at Northern Iowa 7:00 PM
ESPN3
M HOCKEY vs. Western Michigan 7:07 PM
NCHC.tv, MidcoSN1 (channel 622), FCS Central

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You're a device short. 

W BASKETBALL at North Dakota State 7:00 PM
ESPN3, MidcoSN2 (channel 624)
M BASKETBALL at Northern Iowa 7:00 PM
ESPN3
M HOCKEY vs. Western Michigan 7:07 PM
NCHC.tv, MidcoSN1 (channel 622), FCS Central

True, though I haven't gotten too into the women's team in a while. Its hard to follow and watch everything.

24 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Looked like UND made a conscious decision to not double Werner for the majority of the game even after he started rolling. Guessing the thought process was that it was better to take your chances on Werner cooling down than sending a double team down on him and leaving one of their shooters open, giving them a chance to start rolling which would have given NDSU a much better chance to get back in the game.

probably a good plan. i didn't have a problem with them playing Shanks behind him and making him shoot over the top.