SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

20 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

If we get beat up by scsu next weekend then it's time to panic...they really lost everything from last year.  Even though they swept the goofs they were out played both games.

Hopefully things are better next weekend, I will be there for my first time! I can't imagine leaving Jan Brady arena after losing!  I still think watching these games, they're a team just a few bounces away from being dominant!

Let's go boys, so close, get this thing going!

12 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

UGH, what is the deal with Tomek?!?!?!?!?

My guess, the coaching staff have seen him in practice every day and for whatever reason, he's not showing them anything that leads them to believe that he deserves to be the starter or to earn a start. I trust Karl G. 

• Upvote 1

I foresee some line shuffling happening this week. I like Gardner on the first line and Jost with a pair of quicker small wingmen like  janatuinen and...someone. Need to get Jost leading a line and it's never going to happen with Boeser on his. Seems to be holding him back from his play making abilities when every attack ends with Boeser shooting non-lethal forced shots. Being in a leadership roll doesn't mean he has to take every shot whether it's open to take or not. Frustrated with Boesers play as of late. The goals will come but things are NOT clicking up front and it's been tested and proven long enough now in my opinion. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

If we get beat up by scsu next weekend then it's time to panic...they really lost everything from last year.  Even though they swept the goofs they were out played both games.

Only thing I worry about with SCSU is that they usually have a very good PP.
And UND has shown a tendency in this early season to struggle on the PK.  That has me worried for next weekend.

Too bad we don't have the scheduling god's like the football team where you don't have to face every team in the conference and in some you don't even get to play the two best teams.  Just think if they didn't have to face Duluth or Denver we might not be having this conversation right now;)

• Downvote 6

6 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Too bad we don't have the scheduling god's like the football team where you don't have to face every team in the conference and in some you don't even get to play the two best teams.  Just think if they didn't have to face Duluth or Denver we might not be having this conversation right now;)

But in football UND is the Duluth or Denver ;)

:silly:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Goon said:

My guess, the coaching staff have seen him in practice every day and for whatever reason, he's not showing them anything that leads them to believe that he deserves to be the starter or to earn a start. I trust Karl G. 

Last friday Schlossmans article ....

UND’s Cam Johnson has started 40 consecutive games, a run that ranks second all-time in UND history. First is Jean-Phillipe Lamoureux at 55 games.

.... I think it means that Cam stays in the net even if he is good or not  ( as we could see a few last matches) .

BB wants to beat every possible record in NCAA.

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

Sometimes you just cant help that....diarrhea of the mouth can you?

• Upvote 1

This was a tough game to watch.  While the score was close, the game was not.  DU carried the puck into the zone, wave after wave, two or three guys in a rush.  They created open opportunities.  UND could not carry the puck into the zone at all.  It was dump and chase, and then lose the puck battle.  While the score was close, the chasm between DU's play and UND's play was very wide.  This UND team needs to figure it out soon or it will be a very long season.  There just does not seem to be any chemistry on the lines.

3 hours ago, spotter said:

Last friday Schlossmans article ....

UND’s Cam Johnson has started 40 consecutive games, a run that ranks second all-time in UND history. First is Jean-Phillipe Lamoureux at 55 games.

.... I think it means that Cam stays in the net even if he is good or not  ( as we could see a few last matches) .

BB wants to beat every possible record in NCAA.

If you go look at the record book, statistically, Cam is one of the best in UND's history. I think it's hard to compare the 1980's and 1990's with the present time due to the size of the equipment. 

38 minutes ago, Goon said:

If you go look at the record book, statistically, Cam is one of the best in UND's history. I think it's hard to compare the 1980's and 1990's with the present time due to the size of the equipment. 

I dont think that Cam is not a good goalie, may be it is only an answer why Cam stays in the net without change when is not the best ( team before him is different too) and why Tomek does not get the chance

3 hours ago, Siouxman said:

This was a tough game to watch.  While the score was close, the game was not.  DU carried the puck into the zone, wave after wave, two or three guys in a rush.  They created open opportunities.  UND could not carry the puck into the zone at all.  It was dump and chase, and then lose the puck battle.  While the score was close, the chasm between DU's play and UND's play was very wide.  This UND team needs to figure it out soon or it will be a very long season.  There just does not seem to be any chemistry on the lines.

I really like Berry, but in last night I think we got outcoached.   DU has more talent, but they were also all over out outlet passes, just smothering the winger on the board and anticipating every chip along the wall.  They knew where we were going every step of the way.  DU, on the other hand, used the center of the ice very effectively in their transition game. 

I realize it's not as simple as that.  We are in a learning phase and need to execute the basics first.  In fact, the tight score might suggest our strategy was a good one, as it did look like DU had the better talent overall.  

A tie and a one-goal game against the second ranked team in the country is hardly reason to panic, though.   There's a LOT of hockey ahead.  Our brutal stretch of schedule is not over though.   Forged in the fire, I guess. 

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

EWU and UND are the two best teams in the conference. We cant play against ourselves so I'm not sure what you're getting at. If you're referring to Montana, they're trash and barely a middle of the road Big Sky team this year. Check out the Big Sky standings before you run your mouth and make a fool of yourself. 

That goes to tell you how much of a down year it was.  If Weber is the signature win, that is a pretty sad year for the schedule.

• Downvote 6

Just now, siouxweet said:

That goes to tell you how much of a down year it was.  If Weber is the signature win, that is a pretty sad year for the schedule.

Who said Weber was a signature win? We played and beat all of the top teams in our conference. EWU had an easier conference schudle than us btw. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Listen to this guy talking like he knows anything. Doubt he's followed a single minute of UND football this year. 

• Upvote 4