SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

This team is severely under performing.  And remember, these other teams were losing to lost just as many players as we did (plus or minus a few).  And our remaining players should be better.  Our problem isn't so much the D, it's a lack of puck possession in the o zone. And our special teams is a joke.  Shake the lines up coach.

Just now, cberkas said:

Need to blow up the PP and PK and come up with something new with different players. Cam is an average goaltender, Play Tomek or Matt and maybe it will spark the team. These guys should have at least one loss on the year at the most.

I agree, but week after week with the same issues and no changes makes me doubt on it happening. 

I feel like Berry thinks they'll play out of it or something. 

Just now, cberkas said:

Need to blow up the PP and PK and come up with something new with different players. Cam is an average goaltender, Play Tomek or Matt and maybe it will spark the team. These guys should have at least one loss on the year at the most.

Are you serious? I am not totally surprised we are struggling at this point.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Besides Friday night against MN I haven't felt like any team we've played is better.  We just can't find ways to win. Even against UMD (Friday night), I thought we'd come back.  They're in a bad funk right now.  I'd go to tomek Friday night and shuffle the lines. And I don't think cam has played bad, he's just not stealing games either.

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Me neither- swept on the road by a good, older UMD, tie and loss at Minny, tie and loss vs DU.  We are playing more experienced, likely tourney teams with a young team.  They are better right now, we will get better.

• Upvote 3

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

Duluth isn't as good as everyone makes them, could have swept them. Minnesota is not a good team, just look at the St. Cloud game, should have swept them. Denver is a complete team and this could have been a sweep or a split. St. Cloud is not the St. Cloud that we've see the last few years, should be able to sweep them next weekend, but with how the guys have been playing last in the NCHC could happen.

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

I will reiterate:  we need an identity...what will be the character of this team?  

I think the top line needs to be split up.  It isn't working...hasn't worked with top teams

The top line has been pretty much the only line that produced if you think about it. I'm not opposed to splitting them up but it's kind of risky when no one else is really productive.