SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

15 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Me neither- swept on the road by a good, older UMD, tie and loss at Minny, tie and loss vs DU.  We are playing more experienced, likely tourney teams with a young team.  They are better right now, we will get better.

How is DU more experienced?

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

The top line has been pretty much the only line that produced if you think about it. I'm not opposed to splitting them up but it's kind of risky when no one else is really productive. 

They've gotten on the scoresheet due to individual talent, but they really haven't played as a cohesive unit...maybe the overemphasis on Boeser has helped Gersich...I dunno...I haven't seen them carry the play regularly.  

22 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I agree, but week after week with the same issues and no changes makes me doubt on it happening. 

I feel like Berry thinks they'll play out of it or something. 

If a six game winless streak doesn't get you to make a change from the net out, then nothing will.

20 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Besides Friday night against MN I haven't felt like any team we've played is better.  We just can't find ways to win. Even against UMD (Friday night), I thought we'd come back.  They're in a bad funk right now.  I'd go to tomek Friday night and shuffle the lines. And I don't think cam has played bad, he's just not stealing games either.

The only reason I can think of why Tomek isn't getting a chance is his grades.

The PP needs to stop going through Brock, but there is more then that wrong with the PP.

Cam we are seeing is the Fargo Force Cam.

This is starting to remind me of the 01-02 season.  Not enough in the cupboard to get over the hump.  The Hakstol teams that started slow and finished fast had the benefit of playing in a conference with 3-5 bad teams where you could make up ground.  This conference doesn't allow for that.  They need to figure this out quickly.

Thoughts:

-Denver was better, but UND has to bury chances like what Gersich had late, and salvage at least a point.

-I don't like Boeser killing penalties.  Just an opinion.  Rather have Simonson or Bowen, etc.  Boeser to me doesn't do the little things on the kill.

-Wolanin may have been our best defenseman this weekend.  Over fancy at the blue line a few times, and got caught by Denver on a few stretch passes, but I liked how he played.

-Cam would like #3 back.  NHL shot or not, you see it from the top of the circles it's gotta be stopped.  Don't know how much the rumor means, but heard that Tomek isn't getting in any time soon.  Again, rumors of course.  

-I think they found the right combo with Pogo-Rhett-Smith, but they have to find a way to get Boeser going, alterations ahead I'm sure.  

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Thoughts:

-Denver was better, but UND has to bury chances like what Gersich had late, and salvage at least a point.

-I don't like Boeser killing penalties.  Just an opinion.  Rather have Simonson or Bowen, etc.  Boeser to me doesn't do the little things on the kill.

-Wolanin may have been our best defenseman this weekend.  Over fancy at the blue line a few times, and got caught by Denver on a few stretch passes, but I liked how he played.

-Cam would like #3 back.  NHL shot or not, you see it from the top of the circles it's gotta be stopped.  Don't know how much the rumor means, but heard that Tomek isn't getting in any time soon.  Again, rumors of course.  

-I think they found the right combo with Pogo-Rhett-Smith, but they have to find a way to get Boeser going, alterations ahead I'm sure.  

UGH, what is the deal with Tomek?!?!?!?!?

26 minutes ago, cberkas said:

If a six game winless streak doesn't get you to make a change from the net out, then nothing will.

The only reason I can think of why Tomek isn't getting a chance is his grades.

The PP needs to stop going through Brock, but there is more then that wrong with the PP.

Cam we are seeing is the Fargo Force Cam.

On last year's get to know the freshmen in through these doors, he was mostly picked to be the smartest of the freshman. Maybe it's practice but who knows. The nhl team  who drafted him can't be too happy with his playing time. 

9 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

On last year's get to know the freshmen in through these doors, he was mostly picked to be the smartest of the freshman. Maybe it's practice but who knows. The nhl team  who drafted him can't be too happy with his playing time. 

I'm sure Hakstol trusts the reason Berry isn't playing him.

2 hours ago, willythekid said:

Cam picking a !@#!$ time to take a nap...

You must be the person Cam was talking about in his press conference that made him have to quit Twitter?!

These million dollar athletes should be able to handle your non stop criticism....

........or is it called personal attacks!

2 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

You must be the person Cam was talking about in his press conference that made him have to quit Twitter?!

These million dollar athletes should be able to handle your non stop criticism....

........or is it called personal attacks!

I've never tried to reach out to CJ on any social media, let alone attack him on one.  As far as criticizing goes, at this stage in his career it is very much fair game. This isn't bantams here.  Although Cam shouldn't get the brunt end of the stick... That should go to Brad Berry who seems unwilling to give another goalie a chance even though CJ is clearly struggling at times.

8 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Berry said in his presser Friday that these two teams mirror each other except DU has more on the back end. I took that as more experienced D.

I've follwed a lot of these players since juniors (and some even before) Und has a nice crop right now.  Slightly thinner on the back end (compared to prior Und teams) but Denver has butcher and some other role guys.  No studs.  Poolman and ausmus should be able to cancel out butcher.  Then we have wolanin.  Our D should be better.  On forward we both have two first rounders that cancels.  Then our forward group is full of prior ushl studs.  Slightly younger, but higher end then Denver.  Tough weekend...we needed that game Friday.  I think this team starts winning games and will be a tough tourney team but there's a lot to fix to get to the FF.

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not going to get easier going to Jan Brady U next week. Last 7 game winless streak for the UND men's hockey team?

If we get beat up by scsu next weekend then it's time to panic...they really lost everything from last year.  Even though they swept the goofs they were out played both games.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This team has a few goal scorers that right now couldn't put the puck in the ocean from the end of the Santa Monica Pier.

Total hyperbole, Oxbow6, and  not a fair assessment.  I bet that at most, only 2-3 players on the team would miss the ocean.