SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Thought we played pretty dang good last night, just couldn't catch a break.  I also thought our young dmen played great and ausmus looked a lot better too.  Tough break on that first goal, defensive breakdown and left cam out to dry.  I missed the second goal.  Although this wasn't cams fault and he deserves to start next week (obviously), i really wish berry would have given Tomek multiple starts earlier in the year.  He and cam should have split the Manitoba game 50/50 and matej should have played at least one of those games against canisias/RPI.  

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Thought we played pretty dang good last night, just couldn't catch a break.  I also thought our young dmen played great and ausmus looked a lot better too.  Tough break on that first goal, defensive breakdown and left cam out to dry.  I missed the second goal.  Although this wasn't cams fault and he deserves to start next week (obviously), i really wish berry would have five. Tomek multiple starts earlier in the year.  He and cam should have split the Manitoba game 50/50 and matej should have played at least one of those games against canisias/RPI.  

Until Tomek is listed as the #2....is it even worth talking about him starting a game?

31 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

So new rumor is boeser gone after xmas?

Haha look who's back.  At this rate boeser will be back next year.  If I was to critique him I would say he needs to work a ton (that's an understatement) on his dzone effort and he really must add a one timer to play in the show.  It takes him to long to get that shot off.  He accounted for a large % of those blocked shots and at the next level it will be exponentially harder to get his shot off.  Great player but has stuff to work on. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Haha look who's back.  At this rate boeser will be back next year.  If I was to critique him I would say he needs to work a ton (that's an understatement) on his dzone effort and he really must add a one timer to play in the show.  It takes him to long to get that shot off.  He accounted for a large % of those blocked shots and at the next level it will be exponentially harder to get his shot off.  Great player but has stuff to work on. 

He's still not a good enough skater either. Needs to add at least an extra gear. Whatever Jost does to have that small area agility Boeser should do.

12 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

B1G>NCHC now?  

Ha. Baby steps son, baby steps.

Big 10 is in a position to overtake ECAC for 3rd and not too far behind Hockey East at the moment for 2nd.

Non Conference winning percentage(with Atlantic Hockey removed for obvious reason)

NCHC  .620

Hockey East .585

Big 10  .577

ECAC .438

WCHA .273

4 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I will be interested to see how Brock looks in the World Juniors this year. He had a hard time finding open ice last year which was the biggest difference I noticed for N. Schmaltz in comparing his first year at World Juniors where he struggled to find space compared to last year where he was consistently one of the best players on the ice.