SiouxSports.com Forum

Repeat against the Bears!! UND @ UNC

siouxfan512

On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 8:48 PM, gundy1124 said:

I am not as optimistic.  2 average defenses just gave us a lot of trouble offensively.  Studsrud is day to day and the Bears didn't like the beating behind the wood shed last year.  Plus, the Bears are passing effectively and if we don't kick out of bounds they probably run it back.  They need to win out to be relevant.  I hope our guys know we need a really good game to win this week. 

I have the same feeling as you, we didn't play very well on offense the past two weeks with Studs, and we've shown last year how ineffective we are without him. I'm hoping our running game finds itself again, and Rudy calls a good game. If I was them I'd do nothing but stack the box against us. Like the rest of you our special teams concerns me, especially against them. The whole team has to step it up a notch with Studs out.  I definitely think we can win, but not going to lie....im going to be extremely nervous at the beginning of the game....until we establish a consistent run game against them, then I'll start feeling better!

I don't think the kicking game is going to be an issue.  At altitude I think Taubenheim will be putting it in the endzone all day like he did in Pocatello.  Weather looks like it is going to be pretty decent.  UNC is 11th in the conference in kick returns.  Kick coverage was really bad against Weber, but they have one of the best return units in the conference.  Totally different scenario this week IMO.  

I expect a competitive game, especially with the questions surrounding Studsrud's status, but still a game i think we will win by 10 points or more.  Although we are fairly evenly matched in several areas, the Bears' pass defense looks really vulnerable.  Either Studsrud or Bartels can have a big day against them.

It seems like their passing game can be explosive at times.  However even though our secondary gets criticized often, we are actually #4 in the league in pass defense, #1 in pass defense efficiency, and #1 in the nation in interceptions.  I'm also encouraged by how our D-Line may match up against their O-Line in passing situations.  A lot of potential sacks there.

North Dakota  30

Northern Colorado  20

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

You know why I love North Dakota? Because you aren't here.

Come on guy, I thought you were my buddy, friend.

You know why I love North Dakota? Because it's so flat you can see the curvature of the Earth. I also love the declining population, the antarctic temperatures in the winter and the intolerably hot summers. In spite of all its wonders, can't say I've ever heard of anyone go on vacation to North Dakota.

As for football, I hope we can still be buddies when UNC pulls off the W.

26 minutes ago, thebears said:

You know why I love North Dakota? Because it's so flat you can see the curvature of the Earth. I also love the declining population, the antarctic temperatures in the winter and the intolerably hot summers. In spite of all its wonders, can't say I've ever heard of anyone go on vacation to North Dakota.

Must not be much to do up in UNC country but troll on opposing teams message boards, seriously if I ever do that in my lifetime someone on here please send me to the nut hut.

49 minutes ago, thebears said:

ND winters aren't for the candy assed like yourself. I love them.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, thebears said:

I'm not your friend, pal.

8 minutes ago, Dagger said:

I see where Root Sports has Montana on again tomorrow.  Root Sports needs to start representing the Big Sky better.

They represent their viewership pretty well.  When was the last time someone in Eastern North Dakota watched football on Root Sports?

1 minute ago, southpaw said:

They represent their viewership pretty well.  When was the last time someone in Eastern North Dakota watched football on Root Sports?

I agree.  At first, I wanted games on Root sports, and I emailed midco to carry them in their North Dakota markets.  But that didn't happen, and now Root games are blocked from watch Big Sky, so having a game on Root would be lose-lose for UND - no TV, no internet.

Yeah, I'd prefer if UND stayed away from Roots Sports, as you can't even watch the game on Big Sky TV. It might make my Saturday's a little more productive, as I'd have to stick to radio and could get house work done, but I'd prefer to be able to keep watching the games.

31 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I've watched it plenty of times on directtv in eastern north dakota. 

Me too.  I would guess just as many people in North Dakota have access to Root via DirecTV and Dish as do like that have access to Midco.  Now their game selections, that is another story.

15 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Me too.  I would guess just as many people in North Dakota have access to Root via DirecTV and Dish as do like that have access to Midco.  Now their game selections, that is another story.

That's a stretch.  There is no way hundreds of thousands of people have DirecTV plus the sports pack in North Dakota  

• Upvote 1

There are hundreds of thousands of people in Midcos footprint that can't access their programming either though.  You don't need the sports pack from DirecTV to get the Big Sky games that are on Root.  They are also on Audience which appears to be available on even the most basic DirecTV package.  Both networks are owned by DirecTV.  At any rate, it would be ideal if Midco could somehow get on one of the satellite providers' sports tier.  I miss being able to watch stuff like UND Sports Extra on TV.  

I do think it is pretty lame that Root games can't be streamed, and also lame that conference football games can't be put on FCS.

• Upvote 3