SiouxSports.com Forum

Repeat against the Bears!! UND @ UNC

siouxfan512

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Somewhat disappointing, if true. This is a playoff game, IMO. 

Also not too disappointing because it means he should be able to heal up, and hopefully be effective, in time for the actual playoffs. I was definitely worried that the injury could have been bad enough to prevent him from seeing the field again this season.

I understand, and agree with the playoff mentality starting now. But I definitely don't want to rush a kid out there to where he will re-aggravate and injury to the point of him being done for the season either.

I'll trust Bubba and Crew on this one. Bartels and Heidelbaugh need to be smart and play careful with the ball. Don't need to win us the game, but can't lose it either.

8 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Somewhat disappointing, if true. This is a playoff game, IMO. 

The personnel that need to come up big tomorrow, in order of importance:

Rudy

Kickoff coverage team

Offensive line

Secondary

Quarterback and everyone else.  Winning this game without Studs shouldn't have a lot to do with how well bartles or heidlebaugh play.  They just need to be average as long as everyone else does there job.

6 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

Rudy

Kickoff coverage team

Offensive line

Secondary

Quarterback and everyone else.  Winning this game without Studs shouldn't have a lot to do with how well bartles or heidlebaugh play.  They just need to be average as long as everyone else does there job.

Football may very well be the ultimate team game. I'm sure everyone knows they need to step up and play well for their injured QB. And for the QB who starts, it's a chance to step up and show what you can do.

2 hours ago, Sioux95 said:

Rudy

Kickoff coverage team

Offensive line

Secondary

I would go OL, Kickoff coverage team, then Rudy as in order of importance.   If the OL is dominating even some pretty boring an unimaginative game calling can bring success if we are getting 4-5 yards at a crack.  With studs out though, everybody else (coaches and players) need to be on point tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I would go OL, Kickoff coverage team, then Rudy as in order of importance.   If the OL is dominating even some pretty boring an unimaginative game calling can bring success if we are getting 4-5 yards at a crack.  With studs out though, everybody else (coaches and players) need to be on point tomorrow.

Maybe, but if we show obvious fear to throw the ball, expect 9 in the box and I don't think any offensive line can handle that.

Just now, UND-1 said:

I hope everyone tempers their negativity today with the offense.  It's going to be a grind it out, ugly affair I am sure.  

Let's just hope they get on the plane as an 8-2 team playing for their first Big Sky Championship next week!

No excuses. Leave no doubt.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Eight in a row is great. Undefeated in the Big Sky Conference is also great. Now UND needs to finish the regular season by winning the conference with a win versus Northern Arizona. 

I just want to know if UND has ever won 8 straight. 2001 we lost to Omaha mid season. 

• Upvote 1