SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, John W. said:

Good crowds to be sure, but with so many UND grads having to leave North Dakota to earn a decent wage, many migrate to the Twin Cities...Still a bigger deal to the smaller, less... prestigious school.... UND hockey egos rival  that of Bison football.....

We are talking hockey here buddy, you are using the same tired old material I have heard for decades from the U of MN fans.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, John W. said:

Good crowds to be sure, but with so many UND grads having to leave North Dakota to earn a decent wage, many migrate to the Twin Cities...Still a bigger deal to the smaller, less... prestigious school.... UND hockey egos rival  that of Bison football.....

Yuck. Troll on, pal.

Would be great just to talk about the game, but some go over the top.....I know this is a 'pro' UND blog....but some fans get a little 'full of themselves'...and take unjustified shots at opponents....and their fans...My point is that on Gopher blogs, much more interest in the Gopher-Purdue football game tomorrow...Gopher hockey is not a"passion" for UMN fans...but IS for UND..followers...Factoid!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, John W. said:

Would be great just to talk about the game, but some go over the top.....I know this is a 'pro' UND blog....but some fans get a little 'full of themselves'...and take unjustified shots at opponents....and their fans...My point is that on Gopher blogs, much more interest in the Gopher-Purdue football game tomorrow...Gopher hockey is not a"passion" for UMN fans...but IS for UND..followers...Factoid!!!!!

THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?? Jeebus. Enough of playing blog police and protecting your soft-minded fanbase. Taking shots at Grand Forks and UND doesn't increase the rivalry, it just makes you look like a jacka$$.

If you wanna come here and talk hockey, great. If you wanna play swine and spew drivel, take it elsewhere. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, fightingsioux08 said:

Our tickets for the game tonight say no cameras.  I called and asked, and they said they are enforcing it.  Anyone have any experience with this? If I put my camera in my pocket, will I have issues? Are you bringing a camera?

Camera?  You mean your phone?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, John W. said:

I would agree overall, there is a passionate group of hockey fans, but as a whole, you just need to look to which game attracts more people.

Its actually really sad to see what has happened to the hockey fans. When I was growing up, we had Gopher season tickets, and the place was always packed. Went to a game last year against Mankato and it was half empty. I expect this weekend to be almost split between UND and UofM fans.

Its not like MN is bottom feeds. We could argue all day about the strength of the Big 10 and the conference BS, BUT the bottom line is they have been competitive in their conference. They're not the perennial top 5 team that they were for several years, but it still surprises me that they can't get their attendance back up.

Now, as for fans being "full of themselves", OF COURSE THEY ARE. This is a forum of fans, coming off of a national championship season that we had been waiting for for years! I think you'll get plenty of reasonable folks here, but of course you'll get some extremists. If you don't like that, then don't come on here. Also a little newsflash, we had to hear pretty much the same kind of stuff out of many Gopher fans for years too ......Every fan base has people who are a little over the top.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, John W. said:

Lol I had to leave Minneapolis and move back to North Dakota to get a decent wage. 

can we return to reality please? 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, John W. said:

Sucks to be a Gopher fan then. Real men play hockey.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, John W. said:

If Gopher fans are passionate about their football program, even I feel sad.    I'll bet they're real jacked up to see some high school level play from Purdue.   

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Gophers will always have 0.6 but I will always be forever grateful to Shayne Gostisbehere...three points and a plus 7 in the national championship game for the Dutchmen.

0.6 would've been way worse had they gone on to win it all. Since they were unable to seal the deal it doesn't bother me nearly as much.

10 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

0.6 would've been way worse had they gone on to win it all. Since they were unable to seal the deal it doesn't bother me nearly as much.

What do you mean?  They beat UND; that was their championship. ;)

• Upvote 1