SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, chicofelipe said:

The opponent having his head down does not give you free reign to leave your feet to make a hit.

Awareness in contact sports is key. If your head is down you will be a victim. Keep it up and things like the video we're talking about wont happen. Not Frattins fault. I would have hit him the same way.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We're we down 2-0 super early and blew another lead? 7-4 final I believe

EDIT: We were down 2-0 and 3-1.... then scored 3 straight to make it 4-3, Michigan got the next 2 to make it 5-4 and then we ripped the next four for a 8-5 final. That is RIDICULOUS. This box score is nuts. Osh had a hatty and an assist. Lammy allowed 5 goals on 29 shots and Billy Sauer a putrid 7 goals on 19 shots.

I loved that postgame with Berenson where he lit into the refs because UND got 8 PP (Michigan got 5).  It wasn't the refs fault that UND scored on 5 of those 8 PPs!  :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I loved that postgame with Berenson where he lit into the refs because UND got 8 PP (Michigan got 5).  It wasn't the refs fault that UND scored on 5 of those 8 PPs!  :)

Hahaha holy smokes. We went 5 of 8 on the PP???!?! When does that ever happen for UND? haha

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

I thought he only had two in that game?

He did. 4th goal and 6th goal.

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

This was by far the most entertaining hockey game I've ever seen. My friends and I were going nuts the whole time.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

This was by far the most entertaining hockey game I've ever seen. My friends and I were going nuts the whole time.

Ditto. Insane game.

However, the reaction my friends and I had the next night after Porter buried the wrap around is what I'll remember most from this weekend. Man, I love this rivalry. So happy it's around for 7 straight years starting tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

This is long, but it's so good. My favorite it LaPanta when Nelson scored. Goes berzerk. I remember seeing something saying that he got told to no longer be so animated for "opposition" goals after this game.

That would be odd.  wasn't he the tournament TV announcer, not the Gophers announcer.  like when the old REA announcer did those tournaments, he was there for the whole thing, not just UND. I thought they both reacted the same for everyone on every team each game?

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I don't care if Frattin charged Wehrs, it was a beautiful hit. I'm glad Wehrs didn't die... but it was awesome! :D

That hit was worth the penalty, worth the suspension, and was a thing of beauty that you will hardly ever see in college hockey again.  And look, we're still talking about it.  It's the stuff of legend.

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Didn't he get blasted in that same corner the next year? 

Sweeney: Kevin Wehrs will never go down in that corner ever again. :lol::lol:

Video reminded me of that piece of !@#$, Jacob Cepis. In this video, you can seem him choking MacWilliam with his stick while the UND trainer tries to remove the stick out of Cepis' hands.

• Upvote 1

Where does hockey rank in terms of fan interest for Gopher fans.... FB and MBB clearly on top.  If you follow Gopher Hole, Gopher Illustrated and The Daily Gopher blogs, hockey perhaps behind WBB, VB, baseball and for some seasons wrestling. I know UND thinks MN their top rival...big Gopher rival as well, but not TOP, they'd say one of their BigTen rivals perhaps top.  In hockey, their in state battles with Duluth and St Cloud come to mind...UND a long standing rival in hockey to be sue, but biggest?????

• Downvote 2